chapter 54

Eva's POV......

It felt like a bad dream, that I had just woken up from.
To finally being back at GAI, I was busting with joy.

I was expecting everyone to frown upon seeing me, especially the fact that I left with the worst reputation, but that wasn't the case, everyone including the new receptionist I had never seen before, was happy to see me.

" Eva!!'' someone couldn't hold her joy back.
She ran towards me and embraced me," you left me in the USA without explaining why you were coming back and as if that wasn't enough, I came back here and couldn't find you, how wicked are you,"

" Am sorry Sandra, it was beyond my control," I smiled.

" Am so happy to see you," she told me, as we were heading to the elevator.

" Am glad to be back,"...

Hardly had I entered my new office, when balloons and flowers were all over my face, with voices from the inside shouting '' surprise !''

There was a ' welcome back Eva,' banner near the widow.
The place was colorfully decorated, with all my favorite colors.
That new office cent was smelt every, making me smile.

" Thank you, everyone, am grateful for this beautiful gesture," I smiled, walking to my seat.

" Hello madam Eva, am Wendy, your new secretary," a beautiful, slim girl introduced herself.

" Nice meeting you Wendy," I greeted her.

" Thank you, everyone,  you can all go back to your work, am grateful for the welcome," I told them and they left, leaving only Wendy and me in the office.

" What's on the schedule for today Wendy?" I asked, fixing my stare at her.

" There will be a press briefing in an hour, in the board room, after that, they will be a board meeting and lastly, this one is a surprise," she answered.

" Surprise ah?" I nodded, "ok, I  hope it will be something to make me happy, am in no mood for frowns,"

She laughed," don't worry, you will love it,"

************

Cameras; I was back to that kind of life.
Immediately daddy and I entered the board room, and they all stood up.

" Thank you, you may all sit," he told them, and they sat.

" I called on this press briefing, for a few reasons, first, I want to publicly announce my only daughter Evaline Jaden Kangwa," they clapped and some began to mutter among themselves.
" She isn't my adopted daughter, she is the only biological daughter I have.
For some of you who have been following us, you will remember that Samantha made a public announcement that Eva is adopted, but am here to clear all that.
Eva is my daughter from my old lover who is still the love of my life, Mercy.
We took a DNA test, that confirmed it,"
More mumblers were head from around.

" Secondly, I want to publicly announce that Eva, today takes over GAI as the CEO,"
I gasped, almost fainting, I wasn't expecting it, CEO? I knew I would be, but I didn't expect it that soon, it was news to me, just as it was news to everyone.
They cheered and I could hear Sandra, having the loudest shout.

He should have given me time to prepare, it was such a big role.
  GAI wasn't a small company to run, but knowing my dad, his decision always stood.

" And last but not the least, I want to announce that my daughter is innocent of all the accusations that were raised against her," they clapped again," over to you Eva,"

" Thank you Mr. Kangwa, I must say; I am as shocked at everyone to be made CEO of GAI, I knew it will come, but not today," I laughed anxiously," as the new CEO, I Carry the company's vision.
I will return the company to the position it was and repair all the broken pieces it has had for the past two years," they cheered.

The media was given a chance to ask a few questions.

" Mr. Kangwa, you made your daughter the CEO before, but look at what the company turned into, are you going to repeat that decision,"

" Samantha wasn't and isn't my daughter, I had no choice but to hand over GAI to her that time but Eva is different, she showed her passion and love for this company when she was just a small girl and that, I will use as my confidence,"

Him defending me that way made me so happy and innocent.

" Even though you have said she is innocent of the accusations, that doesn't still change the fact her name appears in all the fake accounts,"

" We are going to get to the root of all that and it won't be hidden from the public," he answered.

No further questions were allowed after that, as I could see daddy getting upset.

************

" Mr. Kangwa the decision to make Ms.Eva the CEO has been made too soon, there are still a lot of things at hand," Mrs. Sipando commented," her name hasn't yet been cleared, and as we know GAI is facing a financial crisis and let's not forget the MOM,"

'' It going through all that is one of the reasons why it should have a CEO," Mr. Banda answered," as we all know Mr. Kangwa retired two ago and currently there is no one to make standing decisions for the company,"

" Why don't you tell us madam Kangwa, what plans you have to rescue GAI," Mrs. Nakamba asked.

" Firstly, I want to thank daddy for handing over GAI to me and the board for receiving me, even though their still allegations raised against me of having a hand in the loss of money in the company, you still trust I can run the company,'' I thanked," the biggest challenges that GAI is currently facing are, the financial crisis and the loss of the MOM which has resulted in closing down investment.
To try and recover the money that has been lost, we will have to raise the premium paid by big companies that are under our insurance, not only that, we will extend our policy to more local people, to try and raise more money.
Furthermore, I have come up with other means of raising money, like charity warfares, partnerships with other insurance companies, and small loans.
The company can not sign a new investment because the MOM is still missing, therefore, we will have to renew our old investment with our partners and stakeholders.
It will be like a new MoM reintroduction,"

" How confident can we be in those ideas Ms. Kangwa, because as it is, any mistake, the company goes down?" Mrs irritating Sipando asked.

" Let's try the ideas first," Mr. Mweeda suggested.
And I could hear the other board members agree.

Thanks for reading.
I just want to appreciate all those that have come along with me through this journey of the true Heir.
Let me announce that we are only remaining with 6 more chapters and we are done.
Look out for the upcoming chapters.
Don't forget to vote and comment...
Lots of love guys.