chapter 30

Eva's pov.....

Immediately I entered my room, I ran to my bed.

Adopted? I can't be adopted, no.

Looking back at all my achievements, I always felt proud, not because I worked hard, but because I made my daddy proud.
I had never been on my best terms with my mother but I grew up accepting her that way.
My sisters? Rabbecca was my best, I loved her so much and would give up everything for her.
Samantha was never the easy to handle type, but it was that, that made me love her more.
These are the people I grew up knowing were my family.

I was drowning in my tears, thinking of Samantha and mother's words.

I was 27 years old, how could they keep such a thing from me? Didn't they think I needed to know? How unfair.

Maybe it was a prank, this day wasn't so friendly, so I choose not to believe anything, from the bank accounts to the bullshit of the adoption.
Daddy wasn't back yet and I knew he was the only one who could tell me the truth.
Thinking of him, made me light up a little.

" Eva?" Nanny Dorothy, who was now sitting on my bed called," you need to come down,"

Nanny Dorothy, that woman was always there when I cried of my mother's emotional torture.
She told me everything would be fine, she assured me life would change.
Didn't she know the truth?
Growing up, she had always been there, so she must've known, but why would she also keep the truth from me?.

" Did you know about this?" I asked, turning to look at her with my teary eyes.

" Eva enough with all this, You just came back from a long trip, you need to get some rest," she tried to hold my hand, but I removed it immediately.

'' I asked you a question," I repeated, seething angrily.

" Eva....," " Answer me!'' I shouted, frightening her.

" I knew about it," she whispered, but louder.

" And you kept it from me?" I whispered.

" Eva,"
" All my life, it was to you that I came; to cry, to complain, and to get comfort, when mother emotionally tortured me.
You told me everything she did was because she loved me.
You told me mothers are like that, and me being the firstborn, she did it because she expected more from me.
You told me...,"

" Eva enough,"
" No, let me finish!" I shouted, standing up," you told me GAI depended on me, you told so much, but it was all a lie! You have hate me nanny, you and daddy.
I will hold you accountable all my life,"

" We were just waiting for the right time," she whispered.

" Right time?" I laughed, between my sobs," am 27 for goodness sake,"

" Daddy you are welcome," I heard Becca's voice.

" How're you, my dear?"

" Am ok," she answered," but there is a problem,"

" Becca....," I heard mother stop her.

" What's wrong,"
" It's nothing," she laughed, "you know how Becca talks no sense,"

I started to walk to the door when nanny Dorothy spoke.

" Eva, all this is not necessary,"

" You should have thought about that," I whispered and walked away.

" Becca tell me what's wrong," daddy demanded.

" Jaden it's seriously nothing," mother insisted.

" She will tell you," Becca pointed at me, as I got down from my last stair.

" Welcome daddy," I greeted as I walked to where he was standing.

" Thank you my darling," he smiled, "what's wrong, is there a problem,"

" Daddy," I sighed," I want your honest truth,"

" On what?" He spoke, in a whisper-like voice.

" Am I adopted?" I sighed blinking my tears back.

" Where is all this coming from?" He turned to look at mother.

" Just answer my question," I demanded sniffing.

" Natasha, what is all this?" He asked upset.

She looked away, saying no word.

"Daddy mother did nothing wrong, I told her the truth, it's high time she knew her place in this house," Sam answered, narrowing her eyes at me.

" Natasha I asked you a question," he ignored Sam's comment.

" Daddy please!" I shouted, "just answered my question.
There is no need to start interrogating people, please tell me,"

" Princess, let's sit down and talk about all this ok,"

Despite him not saying yes directly, I could read on his face that it was a yes.
Daddy didn't have the guts to tell me because am sure it was the hardest on his part.
That man had literally put his best in me and he saw to it that I was the best, as any father would do to his daughter.
But that didn't give him the right to keep the truth from me.
I was 27 years old, old enough to know my identity, the truth.

" Just answer my question please," I cried, placing my lips together and closing my eyes.

" My dear, we... I wanted to tell you the truth, but I just," he sighed and then continued, "it just didn't feel right, and.....there has never been the right time,"

" I am 27, didn't you think I needed to know the truth? The fact that she didn't tell me," I pointed at mother, "doesn't hate me, but you,
It's not fair.
All my life, I had to plead for her love, fight for my place, not knowing all that would never be possible.
You would have told me, daddy,"

" Eva, am sorry," he said apologetic," the adoption thing doesn't count to me, you are my daughter and you will always be,"

" No..... Am not," I whispered and ran out.

" Eva!" I heard him and Nanny Dorothy shout.

" Just leave her,'' mother spoke.

" Shut up, all this is your fault,"

As soon as I ran far from the house, I stopped hearing their voices,which become a bonus.
The only thing that was ringing in my head as I ran was my pain, the betrayal, and hate.......

Eshi what an emotional chapter, I don't know why, but I could feel Eva's pain.
It's not easy to just be suddenly told you are not related to the people you have grown up to know as family.....
Nevertheless, thank you for reading.
Don't forget to comment your views and vote.