chapter 44

Eva's POV...

Nanny Dorothy had Stayed for a week and I must confess, it was the best week ever.
We had time to catch up, annoy each other and explore the town of kitwe together.

" Do you have to go?" I asked nanny, as aunt Mercy and I were helping her pack.

" You know I have to," she smiled," come with me Eva, you have a life back home,"

" No nanny, you stay here, you can start a life here," I convinced, sitting next to her.

" Vee is right, your days of being a nanny are over, the girls are grown," aunt Mercy added.

" To the Kangwas am not just a nanny, I have become family," she smiled.

" I will miss you," I fell in her arms.

" I'll be visiting often," she promised as we were now heading out.

" Can you do me a favor," I asked," Don't tell anyone am here, not even daddy,"

" Eva...,"
" Please," I held her hand and she nodded.

" You need to have a life," she stopped at the door.

" As it is, am no one," I blinked back the tears in my eyes.

" How do you plan on becoming someone?" Her challenging questions were annoying, but they would always trigger something.

" I don't know," I stared away," I need to find my biological parents, even if they never wanted me, I need to know something about them,"

" Jaden and Natasha are the best people to answer those questions,"

" Can you help me ask them?" I begged, with a half-smile.

" Eva?..."

" Please,"
She sighed.
" Fine," it was when she gave in that I felt victory sweeping through me," I think I know the person who can help me,"

" Who?" I asked curiously.

" Maria,"
" Maria?" I shrugged," asin grandma Maria?"

" Yes her," she nodded," she came to the house last week, ordering Jaden to find you as soon as he can,"

" I know she liked me, but I didn't know, she would go to that extent,"

" She talked about you being adopted from her, so I think, she might know something," she informed and I nodded.

" Ok let me know, whatever she will tell you,"

" I will," she promised.

" I will miss you," I cried, falling on her shoulder.

" Me too, my baby girl," she whispered in my ears.

" Am done!" Aunt Mercy, who was packing things in the car, shouted.

" Thank you," Nanny told her," Mercy, take care of my Eva,"

" I will mother," she hugged her, so cute.

She entered her car and drove off.

" Finally," aunt Mercy, sighed.

" Finally what?" I laughed.
" She is gone,"

" She is your mother," I laughed, shaking my head.

" I know, but she is too much, do that, do this, it's irritating at times," she rolled her eyes," I have a life,"

" Shame on you," I said as I followed her inside.

********....

Dorothy's POV...

After resting for two days after my trip, I decided to visit Maria at her house.

She was all grown and was rarely found at her hospital, which was been handled by her only son Dr. Louis.

" Dorothy?" She smiled after entering the living room.

" How are you doc?" I greeted her.

" Fine, you know old age is not easy," she said as we sat down.

" I know," I answered laughing," anyways, I came here with a concern,"

" What's up?"

" It's about Eva," I fixed my gaze at her," I was curious when you came to the house to ask about her and I remember you talked about her adoption,"

" Yes, am very disappointed with Jaden, I don't care what Natasha does, but Jaden, he promised to take care of her," she expressed herself, gloomy.

" Do you know anything about her parents?" I asked.

" I don't know anything about her father, but her mother was a patient of mine who left her at my hospital and ran away.
On a certain day, I was coming from the hospital, very exhausted.
I didn't see the person in front of me and I guess she didn't also see me, because she would have moved.
I hit her with my car and she fell unconscious.
I immediately rushed her to the hospital.
She was pregnant and her baby's life was in danger, so we immediately performed surgery, to save the child.
But unfortunately, the baby's organs didn't develop completely, so we had to keep her in an incubator.
When she woke up, we told her what happened and we also told her, she would have to stay at the hospital until her baby was good to go.
She told me she was raped and that she had no family, so we didn't get any contact or tried to call anyone.
The day when she was supposed to be discharged, she ran away, leaving her baby behind.
I remember nurse Mabel telling me she was nowhere to be seen, but I told her to wait before making any conclusions.
We waited for a week but she still wasn't anywhere to be seen.
We adopted the baby girl as a hospital and two years later, gave her to Natasha and Jaden," she explained.

" What was her name?" I asked curiously.

" Mercy Namonga,'' she remembered her name.

That is my daughter's name.
Mercy is Eva's mother? No this can't be.
Oh my goodness.
According to Mercy, the father of her child is Jaden so this means Eva had grown up in her father's house unaware.
This can't be.

" She has a Sad story," I whispered, but louder.

" Yes, she does," she nodded.

" I will help in finding her, I promise," I told her.

" I will be grateful," ......

So much Mystery has been uncovered.
I love the ends of books, things started making sense.
Eva's parents are found, and now it's left to her to know the truth.
Don't miss any chapter that follows.
Nevertheless, thanks for reading.
Please share, vote and comment...