chapter22

SAM'S POV

So much had happened, the growth of GAI, the success of the company, and me getting close to daddy.

I couldn't imagine I was the one who had done all that, especially to the company.
I guess I had grown out of my immature nature and was a little responsible.
GAI depended on me and for that reason, I had to do my best to make it a success.
Becca had to come and benefit from my hard work.

Eva on the other hand, I was dealing with her slowly.
I used her to work for the company and grow it so that when I took over, It would be big and the best.
I was going to make sure, I take back everything she had stolen from me all those years.
I told myself, I wouldn't rest until I ruined her existence.

That week had been so busy, it was interview after interview, both in the country and outside.
But despite the busy schedules, daddy reserved Friday for our big celebration.

He threw a party, that was themed GAI's second success.
Eva and I were the planners and we made sure it was nice.

The theme color was black and white, from the decorations to the attire people wore.
The workers were the only ones different with blue.

The food was prepared by the best chefs in the country and they worked with professional waiters and waitresses.

" I am proposing a toast to the project team, for a job well done, cheers to you guys," daddy announced.

" Wow Sam, this party looks so expensive," Nelly, a girl I don't know how to describe because she wasn't my friend, but we were at the same school (secondary), commented.

" Yes it is.....we are rich after all," I smirked.

" Recommend the organizers for me, I want them to organize one for me," she smiled.

"You are standing in front of them," Eva who was now heading our direction, just had to embarrass me, but I played along.

" You couldn't afford to pay people to organize,?" She teased and her little minions laughed.

" No honey, if you want something perfectly done, do it yourself and it wasn't like we were Cooking, decorating and staff, we were instructing," she answered and I maintained my smile.

" That sounds good," one of the minions whispered to Nelly.

" It is Gertrude," I said and pulled Tasi to walk away.

" You and Eva now get along?" Tasi whispered to me as we were walking away.

" You ask too many questions Tasi," I cried, scoffing.

" Well, am curious," she stopped walking.

" Well," I teased, trying to imitate her voice," don't be,"

" Babe?" Chris called and I immediately turned to him.

" Hi, my love?" I greeted kissing him and I could see the media flash their cameras.

" Later Tasi," I shouted, walking away.

Eva's pov

The theme colors are what I loved the most.
My white and Sam's black were a perfect combination, just as Sam and I were.

I had made sure to include every white that existed, dark white, light white, sky, cream, floor, every white you can think of.
Let me not forget the food, that one, I give Sam the credit.
She took care of it very well and I didn't even know where she got the chattering team, but the food was delicious.

" So when were you going to tell me, that you were dating my little girl?" Daddy's voice came from behind, causing Chris and me to turn.

" M.r Kangwa?" Chris jumped in fright.

" Yes, Mr. Choolwe?" He teased, Imitating his voice.

" Am sorry for not telling you soon sir," he apologized looking down.

The way his face looked, made me want to laugh, but I had to hold it back.

" You are lucky am in a good mood," he answered, "honey, do you like this man? Or he is just forcing you?"

" I like him, daddy," I answered proudly and he nodded.

" Well Mr, you are so lucky, she likes you," he said and Chris glanced from me to daddy, "take care of my daughter, protect her, and don't dare hate her.
Make your intentions known to her, don't just worst her time, she is just too beautiful for time wasters,"

" Daddy," I cried after seeing how uncomfortable Chris was becoming.

" Ok fine," he lifted his hands in surrender," enjoy the party," and he walked away.

" You guys have been Bastard?" Sam who was heading towards us with Willi laughed.

" Imagine!" Chris cried.

" You are so lucky, he would have shot you," Willi joked and we all laughed.

It wasn't like I started liking Willi, I had just accepted him. He made Sam happy and no matter how much I hated him, he was never leaving, so I guess I just gave up and now just tolerated him........

Author's note...

Thank you for reading, I hope you are enjoying the drama.
The union of the family feels amazing, but will it continue like that?

Will the person threatening Eva be her downfall?
Comment to give your thoughts.
Don't forget to vote and share the book, to grow the family.