chapter 32

Eva's POV.....

Chris arrived home, earlier than usual,
was it because of me that he couldn't work?

I walked to the door to find out.

" Babe, you back early?" I asked as I took his jacket.

" I couldn't stay," he answered walking pass me.

He was upset? That was unlike him, what could have gone wrong.

" Did something happen?" I asked following him behind.

" Samantha is insane" he cried sitting on the couch.

" What did she do," I asked as I was getting a glass from the dining table.

" Can you believe she made Willi head of security and planning?" He informed, scoffing.

" You kidding," I exclaimed almost dropping the glass.

Willi? Was she out of her mind? Security and planning wasn't a department to mess around with.
Any mistake in that department, the whole company crushes down.
Just the loss of the MOM caused a huge breakdown, so why would she choose to create another threat.

" I wish I wasn't," he cried, standing up.

" Is daddy aware of this?" I asked walking towards him anxiously.

" I don't think so," he declined," even if he did, I don't think he can have a say.
Sam has started her CEO training, so whatever decision she makes stands,"

" And Sandra," I stared at him.

" She will be assisting Mercy in records," he updates, causing my eyes to widen.

" Mercy the receptionist?"

" Yes," he nodded," and Marth is heading accounts,"

" What is Sam doing to GAI?" I cried perplexed.

" That's not all," his reduced voice, got me worried," She has placed charges against you and a reward has been put up, for anyone who will take you to her,"

This was Insane, what was wrong with her?
Why Sam was doing all that, was something I couldn't understand, placing charges? What game are you playing Sam?

" She claims you ran away because you are guilty," he said in a whisper.

" That's not true, I didn't run away because I was guilty, the issue of the adoption was just too much to handle, that's why I ran away," I defended, sitting down.

"Eva, you are innocent, Samantha is just mad," he sat next to me and held my hand," she has also started investigating me,"

" Why?" I hit him with a quick stare.

" Because I am dating you," he made me roll my eyes.

" And so?" I scoffed.

" I can't be dating a scammer and not be one, her words,"

" This is stupid," I said standing up.

" Where are you going?" He looked up at me.

" To show Samantha, am not running away from anyone, she should know that," I answered, putting my slippers on.

" Eva, I don't think that is a good idea," he held me back.

" No Chris, this has to end today," I removed his hand and walked away.

*********.....

Sam's POV.

" Madam Sam, madam Eva is here," Mr. Joe informed me.

" Let her in," I instructed.

She walked in immediately after greeting Mr. Joe.

" Look who finally rolled back!" I shouted as she was heading towards the living room.

" Eva!'' Dorothy ran to her.
" Please don't," she immediately moved away.

" Why are you back?" Mother who was coming from upstairs with Becca asked.

" I came to show Samantha that am not running away from the stupid accusations," she answered, Sighing exasperatingly.

" Don't worry, you'll find out if they are just accusations in jail," I Smirked.

" Do we have to go to that extent?" Dorothy asked, glancing from Eva to me.

" Why not," Becca spoke, "you always tell us that if one is wrong, he or she has to be punished,"

" Exactly, "I seconded.

" What did I ever do to you?" She cried, fixing her gaze on me.

" You don't know," I walked towards her," you have been nothing but pain in my life Eva,"

" If the fact that am better than you makes me pain, then I accept Sam," she had the guts to speak no sense," the only thing I have done, is been right and worked hard.
You know that GAI in your hands will fall, Sam, that is why you want me to your feet.
You are lazy arrogant and no one generally loves you, unless they want something from you,"

I pushed her and she fell to the ground.
How dare she speaks sure no sense, me wanting her to my feet, was she out of her mind?
I wanted to ruin her, not her to fall to my feet, I hated her and if she could die, it would be a bonus.

" Sam stop!'' mother shouted, holding my hand, as I was about to hit her with the pot flower in my hand.

" Do you want to go to prison because of this good-for thing?" She asked pulling me back.

" Good for nothing ah?" She still had the guts to speak," I wondered why you were this arrogant towards me, but now I finally have the answer, the fact that none of your daughters can reach up to me, eats you up.
Sam is useless and Becca, she is just becoming like her,"

" Just shut up Eva," she laughed," the police are soon going to be here and your greatness will soon be history,"

" I am not scared of going to jail, I know am innocent and the truth will surely come out," she said standing up.

" Eva," Dorothy tried to help her stand, but she pushed her always.

" Leave me alone, you're all the same, you will pretend to love me, so that you can get something from me, afterward," tears dropped from her eyes, as she looked at Dorothy.

10minters later, the police arrived and took her away.

It was supposed to be a joyful moment for everyone but it seemed mother and I were the only ones enjoying.
Becca was crying, Dorothy chasing after the police car like a madwoman, the workers also joined in the crying and I promised them I would fire them after they were done, so I guess they were crying for a lot of this.
The fact that the media was everywhere, capturing the whole scene, gave me so much joy, Eva the hero was been talking to prison for fraud.

This is what I needed and it gave me joy.

Thanks for reading