chapter 38

Eva's POV.....

So much had changed in the three months, my identity as Vanessa, had now become my personality.
I continued to play my memory loss game and my life had come to a different series.

Oh before I forget, I was in a new relationship with Evans.
I know after everything that had happened to me, love was the last thing I could think about but hi? The best healing one could ever have are forgiveness and moving on, so that's what I did.
Evans was a nice guy and it was hard to just give a blind eye to him.
He had treated me like a princess in those three months and every day was like I discovered a new part of him that I loved.
Grandma Mwelya teased us always about our relationship, but I think it was cute.

" Why aren't you coming with us?" Evans asked me, as I had propped my head on his cheat.

They had been invited to a wedding in Lusaka and the whole family was going.
But I declined their offer to come along.

Lusaka was the last place I would go back to, I still couldn't face my past.
What if I bumped into someone that knew me? They would blow my cover.
I wasn't going to take the risk.

" I just don't feel like coming along," I stared at the TV.

" Aren't you scared I would meet someone and like them," he joked.

Do you think that bothers me, my boyfriend got my Sister pregnant? My inner self laughed.
Ok but if you do that, I will kill you.

" Just make sure my replacement is a good competition, I can't afford to be replaced by any girl," I sassed and he laughed.
'' I will make sure,"

" Do your best to support your cousin, I can imagine how weddings are stressing," I advised.

" Says someone who has never been married," He teased, making me roll my eyes.

" How sure are you?"

" I broke your Virginity," he smirked, making me want to wipe that smirk from his face.

He indeed did, I couldn't hold it, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me and it happened.
I must shamefully say, I enjoyed it.

" What If my husband just didn't want to break it?" I returned his smirk.

" Then I did it for him," he laughed.

" He's going to kill you," I warned.

" Well it will be too late, I will marry you by the time he finds you," his proud smile always gave me butterflies, lots of them.

*******

One week later...

Aunt Mercy ( nurse Mercy), had helped me get a new job in a supermarket, as she promised.
I had moved in with her because her place was closer to my workplace and to avoid transport experience, I went with it.
I knew the Lweendos wouldn't be too happy hearing it when they returned, but I needed to do it.
I couldn't just sit down and be useless, I needed to make myself productive and this was the best way I could.

" How is work?" Aunt mercy asked, sitting next to me.

" For the two days I have worked there, not bad," I answered sighing.

" You will get the hung of it," she smiled.

" I will,"
" The Lweendos are back," she informed.

" Really?" I stared with wide eyes and she nodded.

" Look," she whispered, looking at the door.

I turned, following, the direction of her eyes.

" Babe!" I shouted, running to the door.

" Hi, my love," Evans who had lifted me, greeted.

It was the new things that I was experiencing in my relationship with Evans, that made it beautiful.
Like the liftings, morning bed breakfast, forehead kisses every second, what a beautiful time, it was to be alive.

" I missed you, one week felt like forever," I said between our kisses.

Aunt Mercy cleared her throat loudly, to get our attention.

" Nurse Mercy?" Evans, called, walking towards her.

" How was the wedding?" She asked, kissing his cheek.

" grand," he laughed.

'' happy you had fun," she smiled.

" I didn't say I did,"

" Stop being funny," I rebuked, handing him a glass of water.

" As if you read my mind," he said and took a sip of water.

" What are you doing here?" He asked sitting down," the workers at home, said you left and it's been 5 days now,"

" I started working," I smiled proudly.

" I don't see why that would make you move," he frowned

" Aren't you happy for me?" I also frowned.

" I am, but....,"

" It's nearer to my place of work here and I thought aunt Mercy, needed some company, right aunt?"
she nodded.

" You talked her into doing this?" He glared at her.

"Maybe," she laughed," I will leave you two,"

she walked away.

" You would have moved in with me if you wanted to leave home," he complained as he pulled me to sit down.

" Hmmm, no.....," I laughed, "how was the wedding?"

" Big, like really big," he Shook with laughter," my cousin married the daughter to the richest billionaire in this country, I don't know how he managed to, but it was beautiful,''

" Richest billionaire?" I whispered.

The richest billionaire?
If I could recall very well, the richest, was Mr. Jaden Kangwa, so if his cousin married his daughter, then it had to be either Becca or Sam.
Remembering very well, Becca was pregnant with Chris' child and Sam was dating Willi.

'' I took some pics, here," he handed me his phone.

I took it and looked at the screen.

The one thing I was afraid of had been what I was seeing.
So lying to me wasn't enough, Chris had to marry Becca.
I guess it was a double wedding as I could see Sam and Willi next to them in a wedding attire.

That son of a bitch, how could he do this to me? I had just walked away for three months and there he was happily marrying Becca, shame on him.
I told myself I had moved on, but after seeing that, I couldn't hold myself.
I still loved him and the memories had come back so fresh.
We could have Known what to do with Becca's pregnancy, so why didn't he wait for me? I hated him and I was going to make him pay for what he did to me.

" That's Rabbecca, his wife, and her sister Samantha, next to her, is her husband William," he pointed.

Tears formed in my eyes and if I stayed any longer, Evans was going to notice.

" Babe, I am not feeling well, I need to rest," I said, standing up.

" When did it start?" He protected, tilting his lips.

" Along time..... it's just gotten worse now," I said and ran to my room.

Do you think Eva has moved on? Because she keeps meeting her past and gets emotional.
Nevertheless, don't forget to vote and comment...