chapter 13

Eva's pov.....

I was heading to my office when something suddenly got my attention from Willam's office.
I turned back and entered his office and saw him frightened, by my presence.

" Aren't you suppose to be working?" I shouted as he hid his phone away.

" I am," he answered, turning to his computer.

I walked close to his table and tried to get his phone, but he stopped me.

" Let me see that," I demanded narrowing my eyes at him.

" My phone?" He asked hunching forward.

He pressed on the Screen and handed it to me.
After looking at it,  the only thing that showed was the home screen.

" What were you doing on your phone?" I asked glaring at him.

" Something that is non of your business boss Eva," he answered and laughed.

Maybe I was just being paranoid, but I never just had it in me to trust that man, the way he looked, talked, all just showed lies.
What was Sam seeing in that guy?
One thing I never liked about
my sister was her choice of men, she always went for the weird kind, those that showed it clearly, that they were liars, thieves, or scammers.

I immediately dropped it down on his table," am watching you," I warned and turned to leave, but his voice stopped me.

" Sam told me you are working on a project, how is it?" He asked and I quickly turned to look at him.

" That is non of your business, just do your work, get your salary and forget," I answered, pressing my lips together.

" Boss Eva," he laughed, standing up and starting to heading my direction.

" You and Sam aren't that close," he stated, standing in front of me and his hands in his pocket.

" Look Willi, you are now crossing your limits," I warned pointing a finger.

" But you did the same when you badged into my office and got my phone," he reminded me.

After seeing that I wasn't saying a word, he continued.

" I can help you get closer to her, remember she is my girlfriend, and am the only one she trusts," he offered, smirking.

" Sam only trusts you because she doesn't know the type of person you are, but once she does, you will be leaving her life faster than you came," I warned him, pointing a finger.

He laughed and started to slowly walk around.

" So, you.... boss Eva knows the kind of person I am?" He asked stopping and turning to look at me.

" Isn't it obvious,?" I said glaring at him.

" Evaline Jaden Kangwa, the first daughter of the Kangwas and the only the heir of GAI," he said with that annoying smile of his," your greatest weakness is your family and this company is your strength.
Not only are you not on good terms with your sister, but also with your mother, you have lived your life trying and earn her affect,"

He frightened me, causing me to shake a little.
Could Sam have told him all that, or did he steal my dairy?
But I knew Sam didn't know that much information about me, so where was that fool getting all that?

" Wh.....o told you..... all tha.....t?" I asked, my voice breaking.

" I was just giving you a summary of what the enemy you are trying to have, is capable of gathering," he informed, "I know everything about you and I can ruin your little miserable life, Eva, don't be a threat to my life,"

" What can you do to me, hurt me?" I dared, still nervous, but trying to build courage.

" Even bigger than that," he answered, causing me to tremble," but I will benefit nothing from doing that, so why go to jail for such a useless crime?"

After noticing that I wasn't saying a word, he continued,
" Placing me under your department wasn't necessary, because if I wanted to do something,I would have done it, even as a cleaner, but, I hold no such intentions, I only wanted to work, that's all,"

He sat down and for some reason, he suddenly looked so peaceful as if he wasn't the one sounding so deadly.

" That doesn't mean you will ever earn my trust," I finally dared to speak.

" I don't have to, you are just too insecure to trust people, if you can't even trust Chris, the guy you are crushing on, how will you trust me?" He spoke.

The guy I was crushing on? How did he know, was he spying on me or something, because only Becca and I guess nanny Dorothy knew about my crush on Chris.

" Just stay away from me as I do all I can to get you out of my sister's life," I warned and turned to leave.

" Boss Eva!'' he called and I turned to look at him," You left your Keys on my table,"

I walked back to his table and took my key,     as I kept my gaze on him.

" Good day boss," he shouted, as he watched me leave, but I said no word.

Author's note
_____________________________

That's it for the day, thanks for reading.
William's character, what do you think of him? Comment.
The True Heir is about to get more interesting, don't miss any chapter.
Grow the family by sharing the book on your social media platforms.
You can also follow me on Facebook Mori Moyo so that we can exchange ideas and subscribe to my YouTube channel Moriah Moyo.

Nevertheless, don't forget to comment and vote.
Love you all😘