chapter 5

Eva's pov...

I was heading to the kitchen to fill my jar with water, before finally going to sleep, when I bumped into my mother.

" Watch where you are going young lady," she said annoyed.

" Am sorry, I didn't see you coming," I told her, not having the guts to look in her eyes.

" And where are you rushing to this late, you are supposed to be sleeping, or have you forgotten you have work tomorrow?" She reminded.

For some reason, those words carried some care behind them and it made me smile.

"Hello," she snapped me back.

" I... To the kitchen, I am going to fill my jar with water," I answered, showing her the empty jar in my hand.

" Didn't Emily put water in your room?" She asked glancing from the jar to me and I shook my head.

Before she could say a word, we heard a doorbell.

We looked at it each other, wondering who it is that could, be knocking that late.

" Ben get the door!" She shouted and Mr. Ben opened the door.

" Mother it's Sam!" I said, after looking at the ones outside.

A man I had never seen before was carrying her.

We both ran there and saw the man trying to look inside the house, but Mr. Ben blocked his view.

" What happened to her?" Mother asked worriedly.

" She is drunk," he answered.

" Can't she walk?" She asked.

" Mmmmmm," Sam cried, shaking herself," put me down you trash bag,"

He helped her stand, but she couldn't find her balance, so she fell.

" What happened?" Nanny Dorothy who had just arrived asked.

" She is drunk," I whispered, glancing from mother to Sam.

" Jaden can come out anytime Natasha," she reminded her.

" Ben, carry her to room," mother ordered and he did just that.
Mother and Nanny Dorothy followed him behind, Saying no word to the stranger still standing by the door.

" Thank you very much, for returning her home, we didn't even know she was gone," I told him and he nodded.

" It's not a big deal, moreover, she is my friend," he answered and I returned his nod.

" Good night then," I wanted to close the door when he spoke.

" Is this Mr. Jaden Kangwa's house?" He asked amused.

" Mmmmm it's....late.... thanks for your time," I said and closed the door.

Me with strangers, not a good combination, I sometimes wished I was like Sam, even allowing him to bring her home, I can die from fear.

" Who was at the door?" Becca who was coming downstairs asked.

'' Just some weirdo that brought Sam back," I answered rolling my eyes.

" Sam back?....where was she?"

" She went drinking,"

" Sam will never change," she complained, frowning.

" Come on," I said pulling her to follow me.

" Seriously Samantha, drinking? What if your father came out and found you in this state," mother complained in revulsion as she was helping her sleep comfortably on the bed.

" The important thing is that she is safe," nanny Dorothy said to come her down.

********

" Where is Sam?" Daddy asked as we were having breakfast the next morning.

" She has overslept," I answered, glancing away from mother's threatening stare.

" Overslept? didn't I make it clear that you would be going to work with me?" He asked furiously.

" I will go and wake her up," nanny Dee said, standing up, but mother stopped her.

" I will do it," and she left.

" What kind of behavior is this?" Daddy complained resentfully.

I didn't want to say a word, because I sensed his outrage anger, so I continued eating quietly until he mentioned my name.

" You wait for your sister and join me at the office as soon as you are done," he said and left.

I woke up early because I wanted to report for work on my first day with my father, but thanks to Sam, I have to wait, like always....., wait for your sister.
It was becoming annoying.

Author's note...
___________________________
Shout chapter right? hope you enjoyed it.
Thanks, to those who have been voting and commenting, am grateful.
I need your motivation, so please show support, by commenting and voting, be sure to share the book, so that we can grow the family.