chapter 26

Eva's pov

I finally went back to work, after my two days' rest.

I was in my office, typing on my computer when I heard a silent knock.
When I asked the person to come in, that son of a bitch, Chris, walked in.

Ignoring him, I shifted my attention back to my computer.

" Eva?" He called in a whisper like voice, but I still didn't spare him a glance, "look, I know you don't.... want to talk to me..... but at least just hear me out,"

He sighed and then continued," I don't want to start explaining myself to you, because that will just be a sign of justifying myself.
I was wrong, I lied to you and Rabbecca, I admit, but I regret it.
I Am willing to do anything that will help you forgive me.
Eva am sorry," he finished and tried to hold my hand, but I moved it.

" If you're done you can leave my office," I spoke, still looking at my computer screen.

" Eva please,"

It's easy for someone who is not in a certain situation to advise the victim, especially where forgiveness is concerned.
Nanny Dorothy told me to hear him out, but he was too foolish to give me an explanation.
You heard him he said it would mean him justifying himself, so stupid.
But Rabbecca on the other hand was the reason I was even looking at him.
If she was the most hateful, and could still put everything behind her, who was I to act tough for nothing, moreover, I did love him and for the two days I had been away from him, I had missed him.

She was right when she reminded me of what I always told her, the greatest test of love is forgiveness.
If God can forgive the dirty sins we do every day, who was I not to forgive someone.

" Choolwe you hate me so much," I said, fighting the tears in my eyes.

" I know but am willing to be a better person, I will never do such a thing again.
Give me a chance," he pleaded.

" Because of Becca's maturity, I will put everything behind us," I smiled, wiping the tears in my eyes.

" Does this mean you are giving us a chance?" He cooked up that cute smile I loved.

I sighed and nodded.
" Yes," hearing this, he pulled me in a hug, a tight one.

" I love you, Eva," he whispered in my ears.

*******

Sam's pov...

Daddy had called Eva, that stupid Chris, Sandra, and I in his office after lunch and we sat there, waiting for him.

Ten minutes later, he walked him.

" Sorry for keeping you guys waiting, I was just finishing lunch with an investor," he apologized sitting down," I called you this afternoon, for a very important thing.
But first, Eva, you're welcome back, I hope you had your rest?"

" Yes daddy, I did, thank you," she smiled.

" That's good," he praised, making me roll my eyes in irritation," back to business.
Because of the outstanding job you did in Asia, we have had a lot of countries requesting for our insurance company, to open a branch or branches in their countries and the United States of America is one of them,"

Hearing this, we applauded in amusement.

" The American government has requested that branches be opened in their countries, and as we speak, the contraction work is already in progress,"

"How do we come in?" Eva asked as she spoke for all of us.

" I was going there," he answered, "I want two from the four of you to go and supervise the project.
But note you can't come from the same department, because I will need one to remain back and continue working.
I have left the decision in your hands,"

I could see everyone looking at each other and from the looks, you could tell they all wanted to travel, but me on the other hand, the trip was an opening to my plan on Becca, so I spoke immediately.

" Eva, you and Sandra go," and she looked at me surprised.

" No Samantha, I think you and Chris should go, I need to put things in my department in order," she declined, causing Sandra to frown.

" Chris and Willi can do that, you don't have to worry, just go and make sure everything is ok that side," I convinced her," moreover, it's just for a few months, right daddy,"

" Yes only three months,'' he answered and I smiled.

" I agree with Sam," Sandra immediately spoke.

" Yes babe, you go, I will take care of things," stupid Chris also added.

" Ok fine, I'll," she surrendered," though I feel like you are all trying to get ready of me,"

" Don't worry Eva, I'll watch Chris for you," I assured her.

Yes, Eva, I was going to watch him very well...

" Okay then, Eva and Sandra, you prepare, you will be starting off tomorrow," daddy told them.

" Tomorrow?" Eva exclaimed.
"I can even start off today," Sandra joked and we laughed.

********....

" Am now used to you leaving us," Dorothy spoke, as we had dinner.

" Soon the days of traveling will come to an end, don't worry Dorothy," daddy assured her.

" Seriously, we will miss you," she told Eva, holding her hand," right Becca,"

" Yes we will," she answered weakly.

" It's not like she is dying, it's just a trip for work," mother spoke, causing me to giggle.

" Natasha," Dorothy and daddy both called upset.

" I will go and finish packing," she said standing up and walking away.

" You shouldn't have said that," daddy told her but she just rolled her eyes.

Author's note

That's it for the two chapters, hope you enjoyed it...

With Eva away, what is the worst that can happen?
Don't miss the next chapters, they have so much drama.
Nevertheless don't forget to comment and vote.....