chapter 27

Becca's pov......

I was in my room scrolling through my Instagram, when Sam entered.

" Hi someone?" She greeted seating on my bed.

" What do you want?" I asked, not sparing her a glance.

" Eva is gone," she informed me as if I wasn't aware," and she will be gone for three months,"

" I know, am aware," I told her finally dropping my phone on the bed.

" Chris is open," she smiled, "it's time we go to step 3, get back Chris,"

Now she was making sense.
What could I have done without her? She was indeed an angel.

" But how will I do it?" I asked turning to give her all the attention, as she was now speaking sense.

" What grew your relationship at first?"

" Meeting up regularly I guess,"  I remembered.

" You are going to advance things now," she smirked.

Sam's smirks were always a sign of something really bad and I couldn't wait to know what it was.

********

One month later

The past month was crazy.

Every weekend, I spent my days and nights at Chris' Apartment.
At first, he didn't seem comfortable with it but he reached a point where he would even invite me during the weekdays.

Our nights were always passionate and crazy, the way I longed for him always hit a different vein.
The feeling of being satisfied by him was something words couldn't describe.

But despite the whole affair, I knew he had feelings for Eva and not me.
He would mistakenly mention her name when we made love.
I sometimes would get upset and decided to leave him as whatever was going on between us was wrong.
But after sobering up, I concluded that alcohol was a bad influence.
I wasn't doing anything wrong.
A man only becomes out of reach when married.
But as far as I remembered, I didn't attend any wedding, so there was nothing wrong with what I was doing.
I was just getting back my man, who was stolen from me.

" How have things been?" Sam asked sitting next to me.

" I have been trying my best, "I smiled.

" Trying your best?" She exclaimed, widening her eyes," Becca do you want to have this guy?"

" You know I do," I answered staring away from her gaze," Samantha, it's not easy as you think, Chris loves Eva and no matter how many times we make love, he can't turn away from her,"

" Well guess what?"
" What?"
" Eva is coming back in two days" she hit her fist on the chair.

" In two days?" I exclaimed," but why so soon?"

" There is a problem at the company, so she has to come back.
If you haven't done your best, then am sorry... I tried," she told me and started walking away.

" S...a...m....," I tried to shout, but my voice couldn't come out.

*******

Sam's POV.....

Stupid Becca, after trying so hard to help her, she had to be stupid not to win Chris over.
How hard can it be to win a man over?

As I was pacing from one corner of my room to the other, Dorothy walked in.

" Dorothy?" I called, stopping to look at her, as she was now standing in front of me.

" What is wrong with you?" She spoke, very upset.

" What do you mean by that statement?" I also changed the tone of my voice.

" I know what you have been influencing Becca and I don't like it,"
I laughed, rolling my eyes.

" What are you talking about old lady?" I laughed again.

" Stopped playing stupid Sam, you know exactly what am talking about,"

" Dorothy looks, it's too early for drama, I need to prepare myself for work," I started walking to my closet, but stopped after she spoke.

" What did Eva do to you? Because I knew you're doing all this to get to Eva," she asked making me turn to her.

" I think you have overstayed your welcome," I told her and began to push her out.

" Stop dragging Becca into this your insane plan," she warned before I closed the door on her face.

Stupid lady......

Author's note

Short chapter right? I know, it wasn't supposed to be a chapter alone, but I couldn't attach it with the previous or next chapter, because they would've been very long and long chapters are boring.

Am looking forward to writing the next chapter, because it's like the first part of the true Heir, you will understand what I mean when you read it.
Don't miss any of the chapters to come.

Nevertheless thank you for reading, don't forget to comment and vote.
Love you guys ❤️❤️❤️