chapter 50

Gloria's pov.....

I entered my son's room and found him lying on the bed, facing the wall.

" Oh my gosh, Jaden!" I shouted walking towards him," look at you, you are such a mess, look at your room, has anyone cleaned this place for days?"

The place was really in a mess, it was unlike my son to throw things around unless he was upset.

" You stink, how many days have you stayed in that bed?" I asked, sitting next to him.

" Is that all you care about? My room? If I have showered? Is that all that matters mother?" He asked sitting upright.

They were the most visible things.

" Natasha has hated me so much, instead of sympathizing with me, you are here listing things that don't even matter," he complained," I don't need you around, you can leave,"

The clamp on his throat as he spoke, made me very emotional.
It wasn't like I didn't care, I just didn't want to show it to him that I was unhappy.
This was somehow my fault, I forced him to marry Natasha because they were very wealthy, look where my selfishness landed me, I blame Martin for supporting me.

" Jaden I do feel bad," I held his hand," am more disappointed in Natasha than you are,"

" Baba and father worked so hard to see to it that GAI was a success, been the only son of my father, I worked hard to play my part in making that company a success.
Am growing old, I will need to pass on the company to my child but as it is, I don't have any child," he cried

" You can still marry and have children Jaden," I reminded him.

" It wasn't Natasha who could not conceive, it was me who couldn't get her pregnant," he informed, "Even if I marry again, I can't get anyone pregnant.
The accident I had in America affected me, thanks to you and daddy who were trying to get me as far as possible from Mercy,"

Oh, Mercy, that maid that made my son go crazy.

" Speaking of Mercy," I remembered, "Jaden, you do have a child, I don't know if you still do, but am positive you do,"

" What are you talking about?" he looked at me with distrust.

" Mercy was pregnant, when she came back 7 months later after I had chased her away, she claimed it was your baby," I informed him.

" Why are you telling me this now?" He asked, making me stare away from him," what happened to her?''

" I don't know, I ...... asked her to leave...... from that time, I never heard from her," I confessed.

" Are you kidding me, mother!" He exclaimed, Causing me to jump in fright," Mercy is out there with my child and you have kept it from me all these years,"

" Am sorry, I didn't want to speak about it because I knew if I told you about it, you would've gone looking for her and at that time, you were married to Natasha," I explained, but he wasn't listening as I could sense furiousness.

" Mother I don't know how, or where you are going to find Mercy, but I want my child," he demanded.

" Jaden?...,"
" Mother, please leave!'' he shouted," if you don't find her, don't ever come back here,"

" Jaden...." I tried to speak again, but he shouted.

" Leave!"......

I walked out immediately, saying no word.