chapter 6

Sam's pov.....

I was about to kiss that cute guy I met at the bar, very close, when suddenly I felt cold.

I opened my eyes to realize I was just dreaming and my mother had just uncovered me.

"can't......I get some sleep in this .....house?" I complained barely opening my eyes.

" Get up young lady!" Mother ordered, shaking me continuously.

" Mother!" I shouted, opening my eyes," just leave me alone,"

She walked away and using it to my advantage that she had left, I covered myself again, hoping to fall asleep.

Where did that guy go, how could he run away from me when I told him I would be back.

The water poured on me, causing me to sit up In fright.

" Woman are you nuts!" I cried, cleaning the water off my face.

" Have you forgotten you are suppose to go to work?" She asked, with disgust.

" Is that why you poured water on me?" I complained outrageously.

" Get up and start preparing," she ordered pulling me, but I resisted.

" Mother, I have a terrible headache,"
Hearing this, she finally let go.

" Just a sec," she said and went to my bathroom.

Mother was a problem, for these others, no one would dare to wake me up, but for some reason, mother thought she was so In charge of my life that she could disturb my beauty sleep.
That woman needed to be taught a lesson, she was dealing with the wrong Sam.

" Here, take this and started preparing for work, if you want me to let yesternight's behavior pass," her threatening look made me do exactly as she said.

I throw the bitter pill in my mouth, took some water, and winced as it went down my throat.

Immediately I rolled out of bed, she started to walk away but stopped at the door.

" And hurry up, you have already wasted so much time,"
And she closed her way out.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.
I couldn't remember what happened the previous night, but I knew it was something mother was happy about, and her saying she will let it slide, was a relief.

*******"

Eva's pov

The moment Sam and I arrived at GAI, we were escorted to the board room, where the meeting had already started because we were late, thanks to princess Sam.
We entered the meeting hall, and everyone stood up to welcome us.
The prestige of seeing everyone stand to welcome us, only a crown was missing on my head because I felt like Queen Elizabeth.

" You may all sit down please," daddy said, and we all sat down.

Sam and I sat beside daddy, Sam on the left and me on the right.

" I want to introduce to everyone my two beautiful daughters," daddy stated as everyone's attention was on him,
The feeling of being called that man's daughter, even words couldn't describe.
Not because he was a feared billionaire or because he was a powerful man, but because he was the best daddy a girl could ask for, strict yet understanding, I couldn't describe any feeling besides that one that felt so nice.

" on my right, is my firstborn daughter, Evaline Jaden Kangwa and on my left is my second born daughter, Samantha Jaden Kangwa,"

And they applauded.

" They will be joining us as members of staff, Samantha will be heading the Record department and assisted by Sandra.
Eva will be heading the Security and Planning department, assisted by Chris.
I expect respect and cooperation to be given to them, by everyone,".

**"*******

After having the board meeting for two hours, daddy called us to his office, together with two others.

" I called the two of you here because you are the ones in charge of the departments my daughters will be heading," he told the lady and the gentleman.

The young lady looked to be in her mid-twenty, dark in complexion but fair.
She had a slim body and was tall, seeing her away from the office, you would think she was a model.

The gentleman was tall handsome, clean, ok am Exaggerating but he was cute.
He had a muscle body, that made him attractive in the muscle t-shirt he was wearing.

" Chris, I want you to teach Eva everything she needs to know about her department, you will work with her, to see to it that everything is a success in Security and planning.
Sandra, you will assist Sam, teach her everything she has to know and make sure the Records department is a success because that department is the backbone of the company,"

" Not a problem sir," Chris answered and daddy nodded.

" You can count on us," Sandra seconded.

'' Sam and Eva, these are the two, that will help you in your training before you can finally head your departments," daddy told us.

" Am pleased to meet you," I said, smiling.

Sam, said no word as she looked uninterested in everything around.
Which didn't surprise me.

Thank you for reading,
Don't forget to comment and vote.