chapter 21

Eva's pov

2years later...

      " The files I have just handed out, are a rough draft of the Asian project," I told the board members, as we gathered in a project presentation meeting.

" We began the project on the 16th of March,2011 and it was completed on the 18th of June,2013.
On the 15th of September,2011, we traveled to Asia, visiting only 10 counties; China, India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, South Korea, The Philippines, Japan, Turkey, and Israel.
We traveled the 20 of us but divided into groups of two, adding up to 10 groups altogether.
Our project targeted both urban and rural areas.
We approached both big companies and small traders.
We were operating on three policies; educate, win trust then insure.
In education, we would educate the people, through media platforms, these included; phones, TVs, and radios, just to name a few.
We also did home-to-home information and included schools too.
To win their trust, we eat with them, used their products, just to show them, we were not strangers, but their friends.
And lastly insurance;
we partnered with the government of each country to engage as many people as we could, to help us with the insurance.
  The Asian project has created employment for 30,000 people in the ten countries, including both the educated and those that have never even gone to school.
To date, we have opened 6 branches in China,4 in India and Israel,3 in Japan,5 in Iran, Pakistan, and Iraq,3 in The Philippines,1in Turkey, and our highest number,8in South Korea.
The total number of branches we have in Asia is 42, serving all countries in Asia and Europe.
  In conclusion, the Asian project was the shortest project GAI has Completed and it is a success.....
Thank you," I finished and drank water.

They all applauded after I had finished.

" I want to congratulate, the team for a job well done," daddy congratulated making us all clap and cheer, "am proud of how hardworking you all have been on this project.
You put in your level best and worked together, which is very pleasing," we clapped again.

" I also want to comment on the fact that it was done in the shortest possible time of 2 years which is a wow.....
They are rewards coming for everyone who contributed,"

Hearing this, everyone cheered.

***"*****

The week had been busy, it was one interview after the other.
The project was the talk in everyone's mouth, the internets, news channels, radios, name it.

It was amazing to see the company growing, and knowing that Sam and I had played a role, made it even more exciting.

******

I entered my office, after a very busy day.
I had come from ZNBC, diamond tv, and prime tv studios, for interviews, so I was very tired.

Immediately I entered, I noticed a brown envelope on my white wooden table.

Ignoring it, I decided to take off my Jacket, hinged it on my chair, and switch on the computer.

As I was trying to get a pen, the envelope got my attention again, so I decided to open it.

When I ripped the opening, I pulled out a letter.

Dear Eva,

  I see these days have been so nice for you, the success of the project, the praises from the public, the compliments from your family, everything is going so well for you.
Advise, enjoy these days as you can because Soon your days of ruin are coming.
Stay on the lookout because I will personally see to it that I wipe away all the smiles on your face, I will cause you so much pain.
Take note........

Yours faithfully
Your worst enemy 😈.

After reading the last word, I almost fell in shock.

Worst enemy? Me? Who? And why would someone be my enemy, because as far as I was concerned, I didn't remember creating enemyship with anyone, so why would someone threaten me??? My heart was beating faster than I could count.
I was sweating and was scared, what if it's someone after my life.

" Maybe I should inform daddy or the police?.... No, they will all think I am just being paranoid," I thought

Looking at the paper that was in hand, the words were computer typed, so I couldn't tell who the handwriting belonged to.

" Madam Eva?" My secretary Mweeba snapped me out of my thoughts," are you ok?"

I looked At her for some time, wondering if I could tell her.

" Yes am fine," I answered, folding the paper.

" Are you sure?" She asked again.

" I said am fine!" I shouted, and she jumped in fright.

" Sorry," she apologized, looking uncomfortable.

" No, am the one who is sorry....am just tired that is why I came out so rude," I answered, apologetically sitting down.

" It's ok," she smiled," I brought a letter that general insurance brought in today,"

" Ok put it on my table," I instructed and she dropped a white envelope on the table, "anything else?"

" No that's all," she said and I nodded," thank you,"

" Mweeba?" I called as she was walking away.
She immediately stopped and turned to look at me, "did anyone else bring a letter to my office?"

" I don't see anyone bring anything here madam... Is there a problem?"

" I found a letter on my table and I have to know who brought it," I told her.

" Maybe check with the camera footage," she suggested and I stood up immediately.

" You are right," I said passing her as I walked out of the office.

When I reached the media room, I requested to see the footages that had happened the whole week in my office, but it didn't show anybody I didn't know entering my office or dropping a letting there.

"Madam, yesterday, we had a sudden power cut, maybe that was the time the person dropped it there,'' James the media operation manager informed.

" Can't that show on the cameras?"

" Our Cameras are electrically connected, so immediately power was cut, they stopped working," he told me and I nodded," if It's something awkward, I suggested you involve the police,"

" No, it's nothing that bad," I protected standing up, "Thank you, James, have a good day," and I left Immediately.

Thank you for reading... don't forget to comment and vote.....
Someone is after Eva, who do you think it is????