All Mixed Up

"You want me to have dinner with your parents, and Ainsley?" I looked at him with wide eyes. It had been a couple days since we kissed. I couldn't stop thinking about it but I know I shouldn't have kissed him. And now he has called me over to ask me to have dinner with the she devil.

"Just so everyone is on the same page." Alex put both his hands up.

"Alex, I think you can do that without me."

"But you're my girlfriend now, I need you there wi-," Alex started.

"Woah woah, I never agreed to be your girlfriend."

"But the you kissed me." Alex smirked.

I let out a small laugh. "Okay I admit, that was a moment of weakness."

"So I'm still in the dog house huh?"

I put my finger on my chin for dramatic effect. "I think I remember saying that you were not forgiven."

"You're giving me a lot of mixed signals doll."

"Fine." I put my hands on my hips. "I will not be kissing you anytime soon until I actually forgive you."

"Agreed." Alex tilted his head and smiled at me. "But you will be begging me."

I shook my head. "Nope, maybe I'll come to find out that you are unforgivable."

Alex gently lifted my hand up to his lips and kissed it softly and then brought it to his heart. "Ana, that would crush my heart, and yours," Alex grinned.

I rolled my eyes and took back my hand. "Still confident as ever I see Mr. Bentley."

"Knowing I have your love does that to me," Alex winked.

I scoffed. "Anyways, I do not want to have dinner with your crazy ex where she could possibly murder me."

"Ana I have a plan, you don't have to worry."

Okay, now I was curious to what Alex was planning. "And what is the plan?"

"Just come with me please, this is where everything ends and then everything can go back to normal or sort of normal."

I contemplated about being in a room where I wasn't particularly or even remotely liked. I was curious to see what would happen but then again curiosity killed the cat right? "Do you promise that I won't end up 20 feet below the ground if I go?" I asked dramatically.

"Yes I promise, and plus Grayson will be there."

"Oh thank god!" I sighed in relief. It's nice someone will be there who doesn't want to kill me. "That makes me feel so much better about going."

Alex squinted his eyes at me. "And why's that?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that a hint of jealousy I sense?"

Alex crossed his arms. "Well he's probably still head over heels for you Ana."

I laughed. Alex still jealous as ever. "There's no way. He was literally pushing me towards you."

"He's a good brother," Alex shrugged. "I guess that makes me the selfish one."

"What does that even mean?" I wrinkled my brows.

"Never mind that, let's just focus on getting through tonight."

"Tonight?" I repeated.

"Did I forget to mention that the dinner is tonight?" Alex played off.

I nodded. "Uh yeah that detail might have been left out."

The sound of an elevator ding diverted our attention. The door slid open and revealed a smiling Grayson Bentley in black fitted shirt and black faded jeans. "There's my angel," Grayson called as he walked over to us and opened his arms to me.