Wedding Vows

I sucked in a breath as I zipped up my champagne colored dress. It was a gorgeous square neck dress that had frill detail on the shoulders. It just barley touched my toes. I had curled my dark hair and it fell into waves covering my bare back.

I covered the imperfections on my face and patted on bronze shadow to my lids and topped it off with mascara. My heart had been beating fast since last night. But surprisingly I had felt no sadness in my heart or felt any tears in my eyes. Maybe I really was okay with Alex getting married. I mean, I want him to be happy. I wasn't sad but I wasn't sure why my heart was beating so rapidly. It was almost 2:00 and Grayson would be here any minute.

I heard a knock and I quickly jumped to get the door.  I opened the door to see Grayson in a lovely black tux.

"Hey gorgeous," Grayson eyed me.

"Hey handsome."

"Ready for this?" He asked with a smile.

"I think so."

"Don't look so scared Ana," Grayson teased.

I softly flipped my hair over my shoulder and rolled my eyes. "I'm not scared."

"Mhmmm sure. Promise you'll have fun?"

I gave him a funny look. "I'll try but no promises." Have fun at my ex's wedding? Totally going to happen.

The drive was scenic and lovely. It was early fall now and the leaves on the trees were every color of a burning fire. It was relatively warm for a fall day but I wasn't complaining. Grayson drove us out of the bustling city until all I could see were the gorgeous trees that surrounded us.

"Why did you agree to come with me today?" Grayson suddenly asked.

I looked over at him and he was focusing on the road. "You asked me to go with you."

"But you could've not went."

I laughed. "You we're literally begging me to go with you."

"Hmm that may be true," he chuckled. "I didn't mean to push you on it, I know it will be hard to see Alex."

"Well now you're making me second my decision to come," I said in a joking voice.

"Guess I'll have to drive you all the way back then," he said with sarcasm.

"I think I wanted to come with you today because maybe I just wanted to see it so I can get some kind of closure?" I said in a more serious tone.

"He'll definitely be surprised to see you."

"Oh no he won't see me. I will be sitting in the back."

"Oh no. You can't do that. Your reserved spot is the front row."

My eyes grew wide. "Umm what?"

"You came with me. Did you really think you would be sitting in the back?"

"Well I've never been to a wedding with arranged seating for the ceremony but then again I guess I haven't really been to that many."

"Sitting in the front won't be so bad."

"Hmm maybe you do need to drive me back." I said slightly panicking.

"Sorry can't do that, everyone is expecting a very handsome best man," he joked.

"Mmhmm sure." I laughed.

"Looks like we are already here," Grayson stated as we turned into a drive way.

There were trees on each side of the driveway that grew into each other providing us a canopy. It looked almost unreal. The road was rather long but I didn't mind. It was calming and serene. At the end of the road was a very French inspired building. Large windows and the building was beautifully carved with small details. There were three balconies facing the road.