The Contract

Oh my god. I had no idea what to do. Should I sneak out? Wake him up? I finally made up my mind, I was going to sneak out.

I carefully lifted up his arm and set it to the side. Luckily I got out of bed without a sound. I quickly got dressed and then I grabbed my phone from the table and quietly snuck out the apartment.

The chilly wind felt good on my burning face. I took a cab home, and that was my night. Could my life get any weirder?

♥️

I groan as I approach my work building. I wasn't ready to face my boss. I was not mentally prepared for today.

I walk into my office and sigh in relief, I had made it up here without my boss seeing me.
I sit down at my desk to check my emails. The phone suddenly starts ringing. My stomach gets twisted in a knot. I slowly pick it up.

"Ainsley please come into my office now." My boss said with a stern voice.

Wtf, he can't even get my name right.

My heart starts racing as I walk to his door. I give a slight knock. A deep voice orders for me to come in. I walk in and find my boss staring at me with an emotionless face.

"Did you need something sir?" I say quietly and nervously.

He tilts his head a bit. He slowly walks from his desk towards me. He walks so close that I could smell his minty breath. I take a step back from him. He takes another step towards me. This cycle goes on and on until my back hits the cold  wooden door. I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest. I adjust my gaze to the shiny marble floor.

I feel a finger under my chin as it tilts my head up. My eyes meet a lovely shade of green. I had a feeling that I was about to be kissed in the most amazing way, and the I strangely wanted it to happen. My boss tilts his head and moves closer in. His lips are now one centimeter away me. I part my lips a little.

Instantly, he pulls away from me and gives me a smirk. What the wholly hell just happened. He got my hopes up for nothing, I mean it's not like I wanted to kiss him anyways. Okay, maybe I did.

"We need to go over the contract." He says as if nothing happened.

"Contract?" I ask curiously.

"Yes." He gestures for me to sit down.

"I already signed a contract for my job," I say confused.

He lets out a little laugh. "No, our marriage contract."

There was a moment of silence.

My eyes grow wide. "You're joking right?"

He frowns a little. "You're a strange one, most girls would kill to be my wife."

Could anyone be more full of themselves? "Mr. Bentley, thanks for the offer, but I'm going to have to decline this fake marriage thing." I say in the nicest way possible.

His eyes grew dark and he clenched his jaw. "This is a requirement, not an option. If you do not do this then you will be immediately fired and I'll make sure you will never get a job at all." He said sternly.

I could feel the blood rising in my face. No has ever pissed me off so much in my entire life. "Are you threatening me?" I say with my hand in a fist.

He smiles. "No of course not, I'm just strongly suggesting."

I roll my eyes. "Would I get anything out of it?" I ask.

"$30,000 a month," he stated.

My jaw almost dropped. Holy cow that was a lot of money. I did really need it, if I wanted to go to medical school. I sighed. My boss handed me a pen and pointed to a line at the bottom of the document. I know I'm going to regret this, but I sign my name anyways.

As I finish signing, I look up to see a smiling Mr. Bentley. I roll my eyes at him.

"Were off to Hawaii in one week," he states.

"Were getting married already?" I ask in shock.

"No. We're going to my cousins wedding." He replies.

♥️

A week passed and I packed for Hawaii. I had only brought a few things considering I had nothing to bring. I definitely didn't own expensive clothing, but they looked pretty nice. The truth is, I'm so excited for Hawaii, I've been wanting to go since I was in  second grade.

We got on the plane without word. Yeah, it was pretty awkward. At least he let me have the window seat. The plane started slowing making its way to the runway. I looked over at my boss and saw bead of sweat trickling down his face. "Hey, are you good?" I ask.

He takes a napkin and wipes the sweat off his face. "Great, its just really hot in here."

I frown, strange I thought it was actually pretty chilly. "Are you sure you're not just nervous because your in an airplane?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

He squints his eyes at me as if I offended him or something. "Of course not, don't be ridiculous. I'm not a child," He said coldly.

The plane started going super fast all of a sudden. I saw my boss tense up. I carefully took my hand and laced them in between his. He looked at my strangely. "Relax." I say. Before I knew it, we were up in the sky safe and sound. I tried to remove my hand from his grasp but he grabbed it and held it tightly. I looked over at him and he smiled. I would be lying if I said his smile didn't make me melt.

♥️