Confessions

My high school experience replayed over and over in my brain. I remember how star struck I was every time I saw Layden in my classes. What a coincidence that I saw him today. I smile at myself thinking about how weirdly obsessed I was with his looks. I'll admit he's still got the good looks but I definitely don't feel the same as I did in high school.

Alex didn't say anything to me the whole ride home. Weird. I thought he would definitely talk about how I couldn't hang out with Layden or something. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't happy with what Alex did back there but I thought it was cute at the same time. Is there a hint of jealousy? Maybe just a bit?

*
"Do you want to go to a charity ball with me tonight?" Alex asked while making me an omelet.

"A ball? Never been to one before," I say casually.

"So is that a yes then?"

"Sure, I'd love to," I say with genuine interest.

"Great." Alex smiled and slid the omelet onto my plate.

"What should I wear?" I ask while shoving the warm delicious egg down my throat.

Alex shrugs and sits down beside me with a cup of coffee. "I'll arrange to have a few dresses brought here and you can choose which one you like."

"Okay. What time is the charity event?"

Alex takes a drink of his coffee. "It starts at 8:00 tonight so we'll leave around 7:00."

"Sounds good," I mange to say in between bites.

"So future wife, what do you plan to do today other than get ready for tonight?" Alex smiled at me.

I take a sip of my orange juice before responding. "Well, I think I'm going to hang out with Cara today, I haven't seen her in a while."

Alex nods and continues to stare at me with a look I've never seen on his face before. Admiration? No, I'm just going crazy. Maybe there was someone thing on my face. "What, is there something on my face?"

Alex shakes his head. "No, it's perfect."

Okay, now I'm just getting warm with embarrassment. I'm not ready too much into things right? "Oh good."

Alex chuckles. "Well I've got to go doll, see you later."

"Bye," I say awkwardly. With that, Alex leaves.

*
I enter the coffee shop with a smile as I see Cara sitting by the window.

"Hey Cara!"

Cara didn't smile at me but glared. "Don't hey Cara me. Where have you been. You haven't texted me in so long I thought u fell off the face of the Earth!"

"Oh Cara, come on I'm sorry I've just had a lot on my mind recently."

"Oh yes, how is your engagement going along?" Cara asks with a fake voice.

I sigh. "It's good."

Cara props up her head on her hand. "Tell me Ana, how did you manage to get engaged so soon without me knowing anything about it?"

I shrug trying not to let my panic show. "I just didn't want you to judge me on getting engaged so quick that's why I was hesitant to tell you."

"Why would I judge you?"

I give her a 'oh come on' face. "Your judging me right now about it."

She lets out a sigh. "I'm just a little hurt you didn't tell your best friend something so important in your life."