Wedding Day - Part 2

For almost an hour, Alex introduced me as his fiancé to everyone he spoke to. Later we headed to the wedding ceremony and of course it was extravagant and beautiful, but my mind kept on pondering to Alex.

Stupid brain.

Everyone headed to the back yard for the after party. The backyard was more than impressive. A large dance floor, a big bar and even a band. In front, laid a perfect view of the crystal clear ocean. There were a bunch of white roses everywhere. Strings of lights wrapped around the multiple palm trees that were around, even though it wasn't quite dark enough to see the lights. I think I even saw a set of steps that led down to the ocean.

Alex held my hand as we walked up to a blonde man that looked around the same age as Alex. He was handsome. His face actually seemed kind of familiar.

"Max I'd like for you to meet my fiancé," Alex smiled. "Ana this is my best friend Max."

Hmmm... the thought of my boss socializing like a normal guy and actually having a best friend seemed unnatural, but then again, I really didn't know Alex that well. "You have a best friend?"

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Why the surprise."

Before I responded, Max says something. "You're engaged?"

Alex gave him a nod.

Max looked at me with his pretty blue eyes and seemed to be studying me.

A few second later a grin spread across his face.  "Wait I remember you, you took my order at Marinos."

That's why he looked kinda familiar. He's the one who asked for strawberries I think. I laugh as I think about it. "Yeah, I'm sorry they didn't have what you wanted on the menu."

Max smirked. "I'm sure I'm capable enough to prepare you with a side of strawberries myself."

Heat shot up my face instantly.

"Stop flirting with what's mine Max," Alex growled.

Max only laughed and rolled his eyes putting a finger under his chin. "Alex weren't you the one who insulted her? Wait how long have you even known each other?"

If I recall, Alex had called me a gold digging whore. He still hasn't apologized for that. Jerk.

Alex looked at me for a split second. "I was only joking with her and we've actually been seeing each other for a few months."

"Congrats," a female voice commented.

A tall woman with long curly light brown hair and the looks of a super model approached us. Her deep dark blue eyes were focused on me.

"Um thank you," I say. Her gaze abruptly adjusted to Alex.

She subtlety put her hand on Alex's shoulder. "So Alex, is this the gold digging whore you chose over me?"

"Valentina," Alex warned.

Who the fuck is this? "Excuse me?"

Wait, Valentina? As in the one he was arranged to marry?

She immediately sent a glare my way. "I wasn't talking to you child, so please don't interrupt mine and Alex's conversation."