Full of Hot Air

"You'll be going to dress fittings today with Alice," Alex stated while pouring two glasses orange juice.

I take a drink and let the sweet goodness slide down my dry throat. "Like wedding dress shopping?"

He shakes his head. "Engagement party dress shopping."

Hmmm... never heard of those before. "Okay."

"A car will be here in an hour to pick you up."

I glance at my phone. "This early?"

He nods. "Yep it'll be here at 8:00 a.m. sharp."

I groan, "Can't you reschedule to like noon? I don't think it will take me all day to pick a dress."

"I'll be there at noon to pick you up," Alex smiles.

I half smile and furrow my brows. "Don't you work today?"

"Yep, but I'm going to take you somewhere today."

I can't help but grin. "Where?"

He shakes his head and smirks. "It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises," I cross my arms over my chest.

He raises his brow at me. "Trust me, I think you'll love it."

Before I could respond he says, "Oh I have to leave for work, see you later doll. By the way I gave Alice my credit card so get whatever you like."

I put a hand over my heart and it was beating erratically fast. That always seems to happen after I talk to Alex.

I wish it would stop. It's getting pretty embarrassing and annoying.

***
"All these dresses look terrible on me," I say.

Alice shrugs, "they're not terrible, they're just not for you. There's still hope."

"I'm pretty sure I've tried on every single dress here," I yawn.

"Not that one," she points.

Alice walks away faster than I could blink. My eyes follow her until she stops at the mannequin dressed in a golden satin gown. It had thin spaghetti straps along with a strip of embedded diamonds around the waist.

I stare back at myself in the gold framed full length mirror. Wow. The dress was gorgeous. It hugged my waist and upper body nicely. The left side of the dress came down a few inches below my knee but the left side was hiked up to the middle of my thigh. It was classy yet hot at the same time, and it was perfect.

I flipped over the tag on the dress and immediately put it back. The dress was a whopping 10,000 dollars! I profusely tried to convince Alice that I don't need a dress that expensive, but she took the dress and dropped it on the counter. Alice swiped Alex's credit card as if it only cost 5 cents.

"Alice this dress is way too expensive, I'd be breaking Alex's bank!"  I say as she pushes me out of the store.

She only starts laughing. "You didn't even make a dent in his bank account. Do you even realize how much he makes?"

"A lot I'm guessing."

Alice nodded her head. "Don't worry about spending money when your with Alex."

"I feel bad and wrong for using Alex's money like it grows on trees," I sigh.

"Oh boy, you are gonna have to get use to this," Alice states.

"To be honest I'd be fine settling with a nice $30 dress," I say.

"Right, Alex would kill you if you wore something so cheap to your engagement party," she laughed.