Breakup

I hadn't seen Alex since our dance. Cara was off busy chatting up some guy and I was standing here with a glass of wine by myself. This was so fun. Luckily I haven't had a run in with Ainsley, yet.

I walk around a bit and multiple guests approach me and congratulate me. Out of nowhere I see Grayson approaching me.

"Hey," Grayson greeted.

"Hi" I reply. Grayson was wearing a black and white tux and it fit him nice.

"How are you?"

"Fine," I say. Honestly I don't know how I'm doing.

He tilts his head. "Are you sure?"

"I think so."

"Okay."

"Are you having fun?" I ask.

He chuckled. "Well it was kind of painful watching you dance with Alex, but other than that it's not so bad."

"Wow, I'm that bad of a dancer?" I joke.

He laughed. "No."

"Wesley Grayson Bentley!" The loud voice belonged to a much older woman approaching us dressed in blue dress and black jacket. She had curly white hair and was very short.

"Nana?" Grayson bent down and hugged the little woman.

"Wesley, I've missed you!" She chirped.

Wesley? I'm guessing that's his real first name?

"Me too nana, I haven't seen you in forever."

His nana glanced my way and smiled at me. "You must be Anastasia."

I smile back at her. "Yeah, that would be me."

"You're so beautiful, I'm so happy Alex has finally found someone to share his life with." She said while embracing me in a hug.

"Thank you, Alex is truly wonderful to me."

"Good," she squeezes my hand.

I look at Grayson. "I had no idea your name was Wesley."

He grinned and shrugged. "Guess it never came up."

Nana looked up at me and held my hands. "Where is that fiancé of yours dear?"

I look around the room but I don't see Alex. "I have no clue. I'm sure he's around somewhere."

"I guess I'll have to go find that boy."

"I can go look for him if you'd like to speak with him?" I offer.

"Thank you, my dear. I would really appreciate that."

"See you later, Wesley," I say in a slight teasing voice.

He shook his head and waved.

I walked around and didn't spot Alex anywhere. Maybe he went upstairs? Anyways I travel up the stairs and my gaze immediately traveled to a door cracked with a faint light spilling through the gap.

I peep through the crack and of course there he is. With Ainsley. So this is where he's been hiding all along. Yes, I'm about to eavesdrop.

What were they talking about? I place my ear near the opening and listen carefully.

"Ainsley, we need to talk about something." Alex stated.

"About what?"

"Us."

"What about us?"

"I think we should go our separate ways."

"What? Alex, what's been going on with you lately?" Ainsley asked.