What's New

I didn't follow Alex outside but I wish I did. But it was his business. Not mine. I wasn't sure what I was feeling at the moment. Was fear? Relief? I don't know. I couldn't help but imagine how things would turn out. Would Alex come back to me? No I can't think like that. He didn't want to choose me so why should I want him back?

He hurt me. More than I thought anyone could.

"What are you doing in here?" A soft familiar voice asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

I look up to see Grayson. "Grayson."

His lips turned upward into a beautiful boyish smile. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him. It was very unlike me to do this but I just wanted a hug. He returned my embrace and I grinned.

"How have you been?" Grayson asked as I pulled out of the hug.

"Good. And you?"

"I've been alright I guess."

I couldn't stop smiling and I don't know why.

Grayson raised a brow at me. "Hey now why are you smiling at me like that?"

My grin grew even wider and I just shrugged. "I guess I just missed you a little."

He let a soft laugh and put his hands into his pockets. "Hmm I didn't miss you at all."

"Quit lying. I know you missed my angelic presence," I teased.

"You wish," he smiled.

"Are you going to Alex's wedding?" I suddenly blurt out.

"I kind of have to. I'm the best man after all," he said proudly.

Of course. I don't know why I asked.

"Are you going?" He raised an eyebrow.

I looked at him as if he was dumb. "Why on earth would I go?"

He shrugged. "So you could see how good I look as the best man."

I laughed. "I've seen better."

"Impossible." He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand.

"Hey what are you doing?" He didn't respond. He led me out to where the event was and led me to the dance floor where a few other were dancing.

"Dance with me?"

"Do I even have a choice?"

He grabbed my hand and placed his other hand on my waist. "No."

We moved to the beat of the slow piano music. It was nice.

"Tell me what's been going on in your life Ana."

I shook my head. "I don't want to. I just want to enjoy this."

A look of concern graced his boyish face. "Is everything okay?"

I just smiled. "No, but right now everything is okay."

Grayson suddenly spun me around and embraced me from behind. I started laughing. We started swaying in this position and in this moment, I realized it was the first time I was laughing genuinely in such a long time. I didn't care if people were staring. It felt so good just to enjoy the moment. I turn around and put my arms around his neck. "Thank you."