Engagement Party

"Tonight we have to act like we are completely in love," Alex stated seriously.

"I know," I reply.

"The media will be there and it's very important that we convince everyone."

"The media? Like paparazzi?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Since when do the paparazzi care about your life?"

Alex laughed and shook his head. "Wow, my own fiancé doesn't even know how important I am in the business world."

I roll my eyes. "Cocky much?"

"I consider myself humble."

"Okay," I say dismissing the subject.

"Stick to the plan doll and it will all end smoothly."

"What plan?" I ask.

"The being completely in love plan obviously," Alex said.

"So what? We just hold hands and smile?"

"Yes and more importantly we need to kiss," Alex said simply.

"No," I spurt out quickly. I was not going down that road again.

"No?"

"I'm not going to kiss you," I say.

"It's not like we never kissed before. It's no big deal."

Okay. That hurt a little. "It's different now."

He furrowed his brows. "How so?"

I look up towards the celling avoiding eye contact. "Well you have a real girlfriend and I don't think she would like you kissing me."

"It's just pretend, Ainsley understands."

Does she? "I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that to someone, even if it's not real." Honestly I didn't care about Ainsley, I just didn't want to kiss Alex.

He sighed. "Really it's not a big deal. Plus the media would want a picture of us."

"I said no Alex, and I mean it."

He shakes his head. "Then you better be a damn good actor for your sake."

Me too. "How many are coming?"

"It'll be a small number. Around 300 people."

My mouth drops. "300? How's that a small number?"

"Don't worry, it'll be over before you know it."

"I hope so."

"See you at six," Alex waved and left to go to work.

He made me stay home and get ready for the engagement party. In my opinion that wasn't a good idea because I'll just be nervous all day from thinking about it. Alice insisted on coming over later to help me get ready for this engagement party. I wonder who all would be there. I've been so caught living Alex's lifestyle that I have no friends. I didn't even know if Cara considered me a friend anymore. We haven't talked in so long. She was basically my only friend. I kind of missed her.

At noon. Alice came over and took me to the hair salon where they trimmed my hair and styled it into a curly loose low bun. I had a few tendrils loosely framing the sides of my face. Alice had hired someone named Kayla to apply my makeup for me although I could've done it myself. I did tell her not to do any foundation because I just didn't like having it on. She first brushed a dark brown gel through my eyebrow hairs making my brows look more full. Kayla then applied a simple brown shadow in my eyelid crease and drew a thin black line that flicked out at the end on top of my upper lash line. After, she brushed some black eyeshadow on my lower lash line, but only half way. She finished with a few coats of mascara on both bottom and top lashes. I looked in the mirror and I liked it. My eyes looked really good. They looked almost seductive in a way.