Lies

I wake up in the morning feeling.... I can't even describe it. My mind was scattered everywhere. I had the urge to throw out the stupid but beautiful flowers Alex had sent me. I guess I was shocked when Alex didn't stand up for me, and even more shocked that Ainsley's secretly planning my death. Probably. I just thought Alex and I were on good terms? I rub my eyes with my hands. God, I brought this on myself. This is what happens Ana when you trust someone. I couldn't believe I let myself trust him. Now I had to go to work and see him arrogant stupid face. I groan.

It was super sunny today which was defiantly the opposite of my mood. I didn't wait for Alex this morning. I slid on my big black sunglasses and took a cab. Today I wore a black dress and some matching black heels. I looked like I was going to a funeral. I didn't care, I sure felt like I was going to a funeral though. I greet Katie and escape to my office. Hopefully I won't have to be face to face with the devil today. I had started going over some files until my phone started to ring. God damn it.

"Hello," I greeted in a bitter tone.

"Are you okay Ana?" Katie asked from the other line.

"Yes, what do you need?"

"Okay, well Mr. Bentley asked that you come in for a meeting in the conference room on the floor below us and take notes."

"Okay thanks," I say without waiting for her to reply.

I step out of the elevator mentally preparing myself. Ana you will not go into a fit rage when you see this dickhead. I enter the conference room and all eyes are on me. I make direct eye contact with Alex and maintain a serious expression on my face. I take a seat in the only available seat which thankfully was not beside Alex. The table was filled with men I didn't know and I didn't even realize Grayson was there. But there he sat at the other end of the table from Alex. We made eye contact and I gave him a polite smile. The meeting began and I took notes. It was so awfully boring. Just the presence of Alex pissed me off today. I don't know why I was honestly so ticked. Maybe it was because I was so stupid to think I could actually trust him and be friends with him. What was I thinking?

The meeting finally ended after what seemed like forever. I silently slipped out the door as soon as it was over. What should I eat for lunch? Maybe I'll just order a pizza? Yes, sounds good. As soon as I get back to my office I order a large Hawaiian pizza with jalapeños.

During my lunch break I eat my pizza and watch one of my favorite movies on my laptop. The Other Woman. It instantly put me in a better mood. Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann are my favorites. I about finished the whole pizza when my door swung open. Alex.

"What the hell?" Alex said in a pissy tone.

I pause my movie. "Excuse me?" I reply in the same tone.

His eyes shoot daggers towards me. "You left this morning."

"Obviously," I roll my eyes.

"Don't fucking roll your eyes at me Anastasia."

What's up his butt? "Don't tell me what to do Alexander."

He walks and stands right over my desk. "Don't mess with me."

Is he for real right now? "What the actual fuck in your problem?"

"The problem is that you left this morning."

"Yes, it is clearly obvious that I left this morning," I say with a hint of sarcasm.

"Why didn't you wait for me. Did I say you could leave?"

I let out a laugh. "You're pissed off at me because I didn't wait for you this morning? You're such a child."

He sent a death glare my way. "Did I say you could leave?"