Face to face with the devil

"Come in," a voice said from the other side of the door.

I slowly opened the heavy wooden door. A male figure stood by a large window with his back turned to me.

His office was organized neatly and decorated simply. Very minimalistic. The view was absolutely amazing, I thought I could see all of New York from up here.

My heels clicked loudly on the floor as I walked closer to his desk.

He slowly turned around. As he turned around I wanted to jump out the window immediately. Damn it. My dark brown eyes met a pair of bright emerald green ones. God he looked intimidating. He looked perfect, a straight nose, strong jawline, long lashes, and perfectly pink lips. And of course he was the guy from the other night.

Breaking our gaze, he picked up a folder. "Ms. Stratford, correct?" His tone was different, it was softer and more professional.

"Yes," I tried to say confidently.

He gestured for me to take a seat. Maybe he doesn't remember me. He didn't looked phased at all.

Mr. Bentley sat in front of me with his legs crossed. He just sat there and stared at me with his beautiful eyes.

My palms were sweaty and I swear my heart was about to beat out of my chest.

"Do you have any questions for me?" I asked since the silence was strange and awkward.

He started to stand up, so I did the same.

"You will receive a call within the next few days," Mr. Bentley said emotionless.

Not knowing what to say next, I just give him a nod. Is he really not going to acknowledge that we met a couple days ago? This was a weird interview if you can even call it that.

"You know I'm very surprised," he said.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused.

He gave me a small smile. "I'm surprised how you reacted to me a couple nights ago."

So he does remember. "What's surprising about my reaction?"

"I liked how you handled the situation," he simply stated. "You may go now."

Dismissing me before I even had the chance to respond. Why am I not surprised. I'd happily get out of there. How was that actually an interview? What am I even saying, there's no way he's going to hire me.

3 Days Later.....
I shoved a fork full of warm spaghetti in my mouth along with some crunchy garlic bread. I was starving.

My phone beside me started to buzz. It was a unknown number.

"Hello?" I said with a mouth full of delicious food.

"Hi, is this Anastasia Stratford speaking?" A young women asked.

"Yes." I replied while trying to quickly chew my food.

"This is Heather from HR here at Bentley Enterprise. I'm calling to congratulate you on getting the P.A. position." The women stated.

My eyes grew wide. Really? How is that even possible. "That's great!"

"Be in Mr. Bentley's office at 7 sharp. Don't be late."