Broken

Its been a couple months since I had seen Alex last. I moved back in with Cara. Inside the limo is when I saw him last. I didn't think this would hurt my heart so much. Oh how mistaken I was. He hadn't tried to contact me which is a good thing. Although secretly I wish he did.

I walk out everyday with the same forced smile as I do everyday. I'm actually signed as a model now. Nothing big, but everyone has to start somewhere. I haven't had much of an appetite in awhile which is really annoying since food looks so good but I can't keep it down.

As sad as I was, I was happy for Alex. Really, I was. I know I needed to move on, but I couldn't see to do it just yet. He's the first person I've really let into my life. I never thought a person could hurt me so much.

"Hey Ana," I heard Cara say as she walked in.

"Hey," I smiled.

"What do you want to do for lunch?" She asked.

I got up and looked in the fridge. We were in need of some groceries. "Hmmmm, we don't have much. Do you want to go out and eat?"

Cara nodded her head. "Yes, I've been dying to try a new restaurant that just opened up."

"What's it called?"

"It's called T.A.P."

"That's a different name."

"I've heard its delightful."

"Well then, what are we waiting for. Let's go!" I say. I decided to change out of my sweatpants for the occasion. I chose a pair of ripped black jeans and a long sleeved plain white shirt.

As we walked into the pretty restaurant I felt good. It was good to get out of the house. We got seated by a large window and the dim rays of sunlight sparkled in bringing a little warmth onto my arms.

"Are you okay?"

I smile. "I think I am."

"You want me to find you a boyfriend?" She asked jokingly.

I laughed. "Pease do! I need one so bad Cara," I said sarcastically. 

"Will do miss."

I just smile and shake me head. "So tell me what's the latest in your life Cara."

"Hmmmm well, as you know I've been dating Jackson for a while. That's going pretty well. I actually think it's getting pretty serious."

"Marriage serious?" I question.

She just smiled. "Yeah maybe. Hopefully."

"Awe I'm so happy for you. What does Jackson do again?"

"He's an accountant."

I raised my brow. "Oooooo an accountant. That could be hot."

She winked playfully. "Oh yeah. Hot. Numbers."

I laughed. "Hey as long as he's good to you that's all that matters."

Cara played with her straw. "He is. Jackson is amazing. Almost too good to be true."

"Can't wait for the wedding."

"Don't worry. You'll meet your Prince Charming soon," Cara assures. "Hey I'm supposed to go to a charity event tonight with Jackson. You wanna come?"

"Uhh yeah of course I want to come."

She laughed. "Good. Now I won't be alone."