My Time Is Up

"It's nothing," Alex said firmly.

"Nothing?" I questioned.

"It's not any of your business."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Does it sound like I'm kidding?"

I scoffed. "What happened to being truthful with each other?"

"I didn't lie."

"But your not telling me."

"But I'm not lying."

"Why don't you want to tell me?"

"Because."

I rolled my eyes and just left. If he didn't want to tell then fine. It just makes me angry that he doesn't want to tell me. And I'm just really curious.

I decided to go and eat lunch by myself today because why not. I grabbed a sub and went to the park. It was relaxing.

As I was eating something caught my eyes. More specifically, a certain blonde caught my eye. Ainsley. Haven't seen her in awhile. Beside here was a little boy? Weird she doesn't seem like someone who would want to take care of kids. It's probably her nephew or something.

She looked in my direction and caught me starting. I quickly look away. Please don't come over here. I look again and she's heading me way. Great.

"Hi Ana," she smiled.

What a snake. "Hello Ainsley."

"Eating by your lonesome self today?" She pouted her lip at me.

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes. "Looks that way doesn't it?" I smiled.

"How's everything with Alex?"

"Everything's amazing. He's amazing," I flaunted.

"I hope you don't love him."

"That's none of your business is it?"

"Mommy, mommy," the little voice coming from the boy made my eyes go wide.

Mommy? What the hell? Since when did she have a kid? Ainsley must saw my surprise. She picked the dark haired boy up and grinned at me.

"Ana, meet my son Kai," Ainsley introduced.

I slowly smiled at the boy. "Hi," I said while I looked at his brown eyes.

"I wanted to tell you and Alex together but I guess the secret is out," she giggled.

My heart raced and I don't know why. "Why did you want to tell us?"

"Well I promised this handsome man that we would be going back to daddy."

What? "Daddy?"

She nodded. "Alex."

I think my heart stopped. "What do you mean Alex? My Alex?"

"Well he's actually mine, but I've finally come back with my beautiful boy and I'm ready to be a family."

I looked at the boy. He was cute. He did look a bit like Alex. At this point my heart had officially cracked. "When do you plan on telling him?"

"Tonight, actually."

Maybe she was lying? Would she lie about something so huge? I felt like crying but I couldn't do that, not here. I could say or ask all the things I wanted to because there was a little boy here. Alex's little boy. "Okay," I said simply.

She waved and walked off. I went back to the office and stared out my window. I couldn't contain my tears. What would this mean for me? I already knew what it meant, it's over. Even if he did want to stay with me, I don't think I could handle it. I took a deep breathe. I needed to go.