45: Looking into the Eyes Like Abyss

Edited by Relendria

Meng Yao looked at Feng Huan who was blushing.

"Right, but who cares? As a husband, isn't it only right to show how much I love him?" Meng Yao asked.

"But he clearly doesn't like it," Huan said, pointing at Jia Yi frowning face.

Meng Yao smiled at the boy and then let go of Jia Yi to stoop down before Huan. He pointed at Jia Yi's ears, which were flushed pink, and whispered something into Huan's ears. Everyone's interest was piqued but Meng Yao's voice was too low to hear the words. Soon Huan blushed as his eyes widened as if he discovered something truly interesting.

"Dage, I never knew that!"

Huan was shocked to see Meng Yao had already disappeared from his side and was hugging Jia Yi again.

"D-Dage! You are still in public and it's embarrassing!" Huan's blush deepened.

Meng Yao looked at the little boy who was blushing with embarrassment and grinned mischievously. Jia Yi easily recognized this expression.

"Yao!" he scolded softly.

"But it's too cute!" Meng Yao protested, showing no remorse. He leaned over and bit Jia Yi's neck without warning.

"Yip!"

Jia Yi was startled and joined Huang in blushing. Meng Yao finally released Jia Yi and went over to Huan, pinching his cheeks.

"Such fat baby cheeks, let's fatten them up some more!" Meng Yao laughed.

"Dage, my cheeks hurt! And I don't have baby cheeks!"

"Right! Right!"

"Liang Meng Yao, I think it's time we discussed business," Jun Gui interrupted.

Meng Yao sighed as his teasing was interrupted but of course making money was more important than having fun.

"Follow me to the back," he instructed Jun Gui. "Jiajia, please take care of this little Didi for me," he added with a cheerful grin for the boy.

Jia Yi nodded and the two men entered the back yard to discuss business matters.

"So, I'm want to sell this "soap" throughout the country but I don't know how to make it," Jun Gui said, coming straight to the point.

"I could sell you the recipe but I want more than money," Meng Yao informed him. 

Jun Gui narrowed his eyes at Meng Yao with suspicion.

"I'll sell the recipe under the condition that I meet his royal highness," Meng Yao said firmly.

Out of all the request he could make, why did it had to be the most difficult?

If Meng Yao sold the soap as it is now, there would only be a measly four hundred or so gold, which is a lot but Meng Yao is for too greedy to settle for less than the absolute most he can make. There was no way he'd let such a mouthwatering deal slip through his sticky fingers.

"I can't do that," Jun Gui protested.

"Then no deal," Meng Yao countered.

"You would pass up such a good opportunity?"

"No, it's just postponed until I can find a new partner. Maybe it will be the General or maybe little Huan, who knows?" Meng Yao replied with a relaxed grin. "It might take years but I know my little bro will be more than willing when he's old enough."

Jun Gui was at lost for words. This guy knew how to play his cards.

"What if I threaten you?"

"There's nothing you can threaten me with," Meng Yao's smile never dimmed.

"Of course, you have Hong -"

Before he could finish the name, he was already off the floor held up in the air. Jun Gui could feel tightness around his neck and he looked down to see Meng Yao's cold merciless eyes - eyes that now resembled the Crown Prince more than ever.

They were empty of all emotion - no love, no hate, nothing but a cold and cruel abyss stared at Jun Gui.

"I didn't finish. Now let me finish: There is nothing you can threaten me with if you're not alive," Meng Yao said in a matter-of-fact voice that was more terrifying than if he had shouted in anger. "You must be thinking that I won't do anything now because you have such a high authority backing you and I would be a fugitive - but you see I can avoid pursuit. I don't have to live here - I can live anywhere."

Meng Yao threw him to the ground then turned around. Jun Gui's lay on the ground, trembling with terror. Looking at Meng Yao's eyes was exactly like looking into the eyes of the Prince he despised it so much.

"You -!"

Meng Yao turned around and smiled at Jun Gui as if nothing happened between them.

"So, you will bring his highness to me so we can all do business together," Meng Yao said, his smile back in place.

Jun Gui was now sure that this person really has no heart and cares for no one. The eerie feeling of danger that he had felt about this person from the very beginning was right.