48: Hot tempered Man

Edited by Relendria

Ming Shou Shan walked in and looked around. He saw Enlai and Xiaobo sitting with an unfamiliar man.

The man was obviously a he-man and his looks were on par with the Crown Prince's. Although his hair was an odd white color, it didn't detract from the man's good looks. Shou Shan strangely annoyed when he saw the Enlai chatting with the handsome stranger in an easy-going way. When Enlai was around him he was distant but with this man he was cheerful and relaxed. It made Shou Shan's heart unexpectedly uncomfortable.

He walked up to them, unconsciously striding proudly, and stopped next to the table.

"Xiaobo, Fa Enlai," he said grimly.

Enlai widened his eyes in surprise as he looked up at his clearly unhappy boss. The air around him was filled with pressure like that before a storm broke. Enlai had never felt so uneasy in front of his boss before.

"Um... Master Ming! You're here?" Enlai said in an effort to defuse the man's obvious irritation.

Shou Shan frowned more deeply. Did Enlai not want him to come? He was the one who planned this outing but Enlai is upset about his arrival? Shou Shan wondered if he had ruined a tender moment between the other men.

"Wasn't I the one who planned this in the first place?" Shou Shan asked unhappily.

Enlai frowned. What is his irritable boss angry about now? He swore he could never understand what's going on with this man - his temper was always so hot.

Meng Yao just watched their interaction, enjoying the show. He took a sip of his wine, making a slurping sound and reminding Shou Shan of his presence. Shou Shan turned his angry eyes to Meng Yao.

"Who are you?" Shou Shan asked rudely.

Enlai stood up and turned to Shou Shan, upset by his inexplicable anger and rudeness.

"There is no reason to talk to him like that! He is a friend," Enlai told Shou Shan.

'Really can't stand this hot-tempered man!' Enlai thought to himself.

Shou Shan realized he had upset Enlai so he closed his mouth and looked over at Xiaobo. Meng Yao, relegated to the sidelines, felt like he was witnessing an argument between an old, married couple.

"I see you're well taken care of," Meng Yao said to Enlai with a pleasant smile.

Fa Enlai looked at him then closed his mouth and sat back down, reluctant to risk an argument in public.

"Are you not going to sit my Lord?" he asked Shou Shan coldly.

Shou Shan really wanted to rage about the treatment between him and this man being so different! Was it just because this Meng Yao person was handsome? But he's not ugly either! He might not be as handsome as the white-haired stranger but he's handsome enough!

"Yes, the Master has taken good care of me," Enlai finally responded to Meng Yao with a gentle smile.

"Xiaobo too!" the little boy piped up, eager to be praised.

"Yes, and Xiaobo as well," Enlai chuckled.

Meng Yao smiled, feeling at ease now that he saw that Enlai was happy.

"Good! Now I don't need to worry about my friend anymore."

Enlai's smiled grew a little at the knowledge that Meng Yao still cared for him, even if it was just as a friend. Shou Shan's bitterness also grew. Why was the treatment between them so different? Xiaobo could only look at his irritated daddy with pity.

'Father is losing miserably,' the boy thought.

On the outside, Meng Yao was as calm as a summer lake but on the inside he was rolling with laughter. His EQ was good and he could feel Shou Shan's jealousy. He almost wished for melon because he knew their relationship would be a good show for onlookers. This man was in for a hard time because Enlai hates hot-tempered he-men and Shou Shan is clearly hot-tempered. Enlai looked delicate and fragile but he had a will of iron. Shou Shan didn't stand a chance in a battle of will between the two of them.

"So Fa Enlai, who is this gentleman? Is he your hubby? Are you no longer on the market?" Meng Yao asked facetiously.

Enlai gave Meng Yao a puzzled look. Why would he suddenly ask such a question? Shou Shan glared at him.

"Is that how you speak around a child?!?" Shou Shan asked with a black frown.

Meng Yao smiled and poured more oil on the fire, "What did I say wrong? I only asked if he was still single."

He bowed briefly in Shou Shan's direction before adding with mock remorse, "I didn't know he was your wife now. Please accept my apologies."

"He is not my husband!" Enlai cuts in with clear irritation.

Shou Shan's heart hurt. What did Enlai think wrong with him that he needed to announce their lack of marriage with such disdain?

Meng Yao could only whistle awkwardly. He felt Shou Shan's pain his own chest and Enlai's words weren't even directed at him!

"Well, I'm sorry to disturb you. I shall leave now." Meng Yao decided he'd seen enough of the show and got up to leave.

Enlai was even more upset with his master. That hot-tempered man just had to ruin a nice conversation between friends with his inexplicable temper.

Xiaobo just shut his mouth and ate.