Chapter 2

POV: Namjoon

Namjoon loved meeting ARMY, but sometimes it was really tiring. He never let his bandmates know, but their schedule was often soul crushing. This event was all in support of their latest comeback album. ARMY was so sweet and he loved them almost as much as they loved him so he was more than willing to meet with them. Some of their affection, however, was overwhelming. He could admit deep within his soul that some of them scared him a bit. He definitely should never have watched Stephen King's "Misery". It was a great movie and James Kahn and Kathy Bates were amazing, but for someone in the entertainment field, fans inferring a personal relationship that they definitely didn't have was always a risk.

BigHit was really careful with their security, so that worry tended to live in the back of his head. Realistically, he didn't worry about himself as much as the Maknae line... Their fans were very energetic... He shook his head to make himself pay attention to ARMY in front of him.

"So I've been working on these all year for my idol auditions. Having you look at them would be amazing..." She had been rambling about her rap lyrics for some time.

He managed not to roll his eyes. He could never accept something like that in case they came after him for plagiarism. Other artists had been sued before because their lyrics sound a little like what they'd been asked for review. He gave a placating smile. "That sounds amazing. Unfortunately, they don't allow us to take things like that. I can give you the contact information for BigHit management if you want your lyrics reviewed. They'll completely take care of it."

The girl looked betrayed and disappointed. Her face fell and she actually developed a bit of a sneer. "Thank you," she said woodenly and seemed relieved she could move to Yoongi.

Whatever, he groused internally. He may be the designated leader, but he knew he wasn't everyone's bias. He looked at the line, which felt never ending. This was one of their rare afternoon fan signings and he really wanted to go home to relax soon. Their tour was coming up and he needed to store up as much energy as he could before then. After a moment, he was surprised that the next ARMY wasn't already at the table. He looked at the girl who was looking around like she was lost. That seemed surprising. She wouldn't be in line if she hadn't purposely applied to come to this event and had won a spot here. The girls behind her gave a shove. It wasn't the first time fans had gotten a little physical with each other. He didn't like it, but their events were a bit crowded. However, he surprised himself when a fierce frown formed on his face and a growl came from his soul. That had never happened before.

He schooled his face into a smile before anyone could see his displeasure. One of their biggest instructions was to avoid alienating their fans. He looked at the girl who was staring at him with the brightest green eyes he'd ever seen. He wondered if they were from contacts as even their group used them to change their eye color to fit the style of their outfit. He was a little concerned as her confusion didn't seem to be lifting. He saw security come closer to remove her from the line, but he waived them off with a glance. He could get her started again... He was sure of it.

"Hello, miss! It's nice to meet you." He held out his hand to her. ARMY would rarely pass up a chance to touch one of them. However, as she reached out to him, he didn't see eagerness to touch an idol... It seemed more reflexive in nature. Maybe she was just shy, he mused and his smile deepened. He loved reaching out to fans and helping them to relax around them.

He heard her voice oddly speaking English, but he couldn't pay attention to it. He was completely unprepared for the burning he felt on his chest with her first touch. It was where the other members' marks lay. Another soulmate? How is this possible? It was already crazy to have six soulmates. They'd had strong bonds before taking the mandatory prescriptions together when Jungkook turned 18. But now another? And a fan at that? It seemed so unlikely!