Chapter 46

POV: Y/N

The next couple of days were filled with healing and activity. You were visited often by the Chicago police department to interview you about your experience. You were never left alone, but the boys were also getting ready to go to New York. You felt guilty that they even had to pack up your belongings as you still hadn't been released. You wanted to talk to all of them about the imminent separation as you knew you couldn't delay the tour. However, they were oddly avoiding the topic, which you found frustrating. You understood their concerns, but you didn't know how to convince them that you would be fine.

"Are you ready to go, angel?" Yoongi smiled as he came to get you discharged on the third day after you were shot. You looked around the room that was finally empty. The flowers they'd brought every time they'd come in, even if it had been multiple times per day, had been distributed to other patients as you weren't going to be able to take them with you. You had asked the boys if they could give them to people who didn't get visitors or maybe to help their fans that also were at the hospital. You knew how effective this type of attention could be for patients. The hospital staff had been very helpful. You were glad that Sejin and Bang Si-hyuk hadn't insisted on publicizing these acts. That had always felt self-aggrandizing and you didn't want the public to misunderstand your soulmates.

You were wearing one of the stylish, flowing dresses the boys had bought you that wouldn't irritate the wound on your back. You'd tried to stop them, but they'd insisted that the doctor said natural fibers would be best for your recovery. You were currently wearing a bright blue silk number that you adored and felt wonderful on your skin. After many attempts, you'd even given up asking them how much it had been so you could pay them back. They were so happy to dress and care for you that you couldn't diminish that.

You returned his smile, basking in the beauty of it. "Absolutely. They were really nice here, but I'm done being in the hospital. Are you dropping me off at the train station?" He gently helped you enter the van from the mandatory wheelchair. You looked at Jin in the van and again felt so grateful to have them in your life. They fussed over you until you were settled to their satisfaction with a blanket over your lap and a chai in your hand.

"We are going to Union Station," Yoongi told the driver. He gathered you into his arms to give you distance from the back of the seat so your back wouldn't rub against it. They were so conscientious of the stitches you still had. You leaned against his shoulder and just allowed yourself to be taken care of. Because you'd be separated from them for a day of travel, you just wanted to bask in their presence.

Watching Chicago pass by, you knew you'd never forget this time. You were determined not to allow the bad to outweigh the good. If you did, those bitches at the pool and Ahnjong would win and you refused to allow that to happen. It didn't take long before the van pulled up to Union Station. You were gingerly helped out of the van and looked around the station as you waited for them to finish whatever they were doing. You were looking forward to this part of the trip as you hadn't been on a train trip since you were 11 years old with your grandfather. It felt very nostalgic.

"Jin, you have the tickets?" Yoongi asked as they finished exiting the van. The man held tickets up in his hand and moved to your side. You'd been told that your luggage was waiting for you on the train as they'd been worried that you would try and lift something, which was completely against theirs and your doctor's order.

As they started to move you inside, you looked around at the people. "Where's Jeny? Is she already onboard?"

"She flew out this morning," Jin said with a smile, knowing this would be a complete surprise to you.

Had that been the plan? you wondered. You looked at them in confusion, but allowed them to pull you forward. You were actually surprised that they didn't insist on having you in a wheelchair. They had been treating you so delicately, like precious porcelain. You knew they wouldn't let you take the train on your own so you kept thinking of what their plan could be. As you looked at them suspiciously, you felt like you were starting to get some hints. However, there were so many people there that you didn't want to call attention to your masked soulmates. They showed the passes to the conductor and you were brought to a very empty car. As you looked around, you gasped, "Is this a first class car? When are you leaving? Why aren't there any other people?"