Chapter 11

POV: Hobi

When the door clattered open, Hobi sat up from the sofa in surprise. "What?" he yelped. He wasn't certain what he was expecting, but it definitely wasn't Jimin rushing in, followed closely by Jin with an unconscious Y/N. "What the hell happened?!?" he shouted. He rushed up to Jin and grabbed her hand. "Y/N? Y/N, wake-up, baby..." As he looked at her face, he saw blooming bruises. What happened? Did she fall or something? He looked up at Jin, silently begging for some answers.

Jin grimaced. "It isn't as bad as it looks, Hobi honey. I'll tell you all about it, but we should get her to bed." He adjusted his arms around the girl, holding her closer. It made Hobi realize that another soul bond had been created. "Can you get everyone else? I think Jimin and I would only like to tell this story once."

Hobi nodded and raced around the house gathering soulmates. He couldn't believe something like this had happened to his new soulmate. He'd raced around the house fast enough that he entered the guest room just as Jin was tucking her in. "Were you able to change her into something more comfortable?"

Jin blushed hotly. "Oh, I couldn't..." He ducked his head shyly and Hobi's heart started to pound at how cute his soulmate was. "She would be so angry at us if we undressed her..."

Hobi looked at the woman who was occupying more and more of their attention. Jimin came with their first aid kit as the rest of them filed in. Hobi could barely pay attention to the story as he saw the bruises Jimin was treating on her torso. Tears streamed down his face as he imagined the pain she must have gone through. His heart hurt with what he did hear. "Do you think she knew them?" Namjoon asked softly, the horror of the situation reflected in his eyes. His face was stony as he chewed his tongue to prevent himself from ranting unhelpful things.

Jimin sighed. "They knew her. They called her name more than once."

Yoongi shook his head. "There are some things we don't know, my loves. The story of Im Ahnjong says that she's a sasaeng. The reality of Y/N..."

"It doesn't match," Jungkook whispered. "Sejin said she was born in Busan and there was no indication that she's learned English or left the country..."

Taehyung's jaw dropped. "But she uses English when she isn't concentrating. I wouldn't be able to do that, and I've been working hard to learn English. This doesn't make sense!"

Hobi could feel his rage at the situation. Were they really questioning her motives right now when she had just been beaten and was unconscious? Before he could explode, Jin's hand rested on his shoulder. "They aren't questioning her," he said softly, toned just for his ears. "There are just so many questions... Why did those women know her? What are Y/N's secrets? Why doesn't she feel like she can't trust us?" Jin dragged Hobi into his arms and Hobi could feel the rage subsiding a little.

The conversation hummed around them. Hobi realized that they were all waiting... waiting for Y/N to wake. As time continued to pass, he wasn't the only one to fall silent and stare expectantly at the woman in the bed. Finally, he could bear it no longer. "Why isn't she waking?" He looked at the man beside him. "Jin, she is so still. Should we take her to the hospital?"

Jin grimaced. "I don't know, baby."

Hobi could feel his anxiety rising and started wringing his hands together. He looked up. "Why did she faint anyway? Was it just because you touched her?"

Jimin looked at him in surprise. "How did you know?"

Hobi shook his head. "He was holding her as you came in. I just assumed that another soul bond had been created." Jimin looked at him blankly. Hobi realized that his younger soulmate was traumatized himself. He held his arms open and Jimin came to bury himself in them. "Baby... Was Jin the only one that created a new soul bond?"