Chapter 22

POV: Namjoon

Namjoon sighed deeply as they returned to their hotel room again. They'd been on tour for almost two weeks so far. ARMY had been so supportive during this time, even though they didn't exactly know why the members weren't as happy-go-lucky as usual. On stage, they were able to play as if they were feeling normal, but it was still difficult to maintain. They'd been irritable with each other, but still needed to maintain physical contact. If they weren't his soulmates, he would have completely lost his patience.

Jin dragged him to the sofa and immediately leaned against him. "We're not doing great, Joonie." He sighed deeply. Namjoon bit back his instinctual irritated reply. He couldn't take it out on the others. They were hurting just as much as he was.

Namjoon soothingly caressed his soulmate's head. Tell me something I don't know... he thought, but was grateful he could keep it internal. He needed to keep calm because being snarky wouldn't help anything. "I know, Jin. But at least we have each other."

The other man teared up a bit. "I know. I'm so worried. She's all alone. Plus, she's so certain that she isn't our soulmate. I don't think she'd go to get help."

"Dr. Che said that emotional and physical damage can be sustained by a missing link." He leaned his head against Jin, but looked at Hobi and Jungkook who were in the room with them. Yoongi was already sleeping. Taehyung and Jimin were working out in the hotel gym. "We need to find her soon."

Jungkook rubbed his eyes. Namjoon felt sorry for their youngest member because he seemed to be bearing all the responsibility. He hadn't been sleeping well and insisted on being on his own as penance. None of them had realized how bad it could become when she'd first left. That was overconfidence on their part. Jungkook looked at them sadly. "When is our first concert in the US? I can't imagine her traveling overseas to come to a concert."

Namjoon looked at his phone. "Well, we opened in Osaka and just finished our third concert in Japan. We have one more and then we're set to go to Los Angeles next."

"How long will we be there?" Hobi asked, his hand tangled in Jungkook's hair who was laying on his lap.

"I think we have a week there." Namjoon ran his hand through his hair and sighed deeply. "The good news is that we do have one show in Seattle directly after. Sejin made special arrangements. The bad news is we have no idea if she'll attend the show."

"Will she be okay if we take that long to even appear in her city?" Jin fretted. "She must be in so much pain."

Namjoon looked at his partners. He had been horrified when Dr. Che told him that, rather than just being in overwhelming pain, a distant soulmate with an incomplete bond could start to feel less and less of anything until they would often fade away. He'd wondered how he knew that, but was grateful for the information. Jungkook especially wouldn't be able to take that kind of information so he'd been carrying that burden himself. "Remember, she has her friend there. I'm sure she'll help Y/N."

"She said that... What was her name? Jeny? She said that Jeny was closer to her than her sisters." Hobi said with a smile. "I bet we could trust her to help Y/N."

"Exactly," Namjoon agreed. "We're just going to have to trust this Jeny to help her until we get there." He was having a hard time trusting Y/N's care with someone they didn't know, but they couldn't do anything else. They had to trust... and that was proving more and more difficult.

"How will we find her, Joon?" Jungkook was practically begging. "Seattle is one of the largest cities in Washington. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack." He shrunk in on himself and moved away from Hobi's comfort. "It's all my fault. We should have come up with a plan first."