Chapter 12

POV: Yoongi

Yoongi had never been less motivated to do his work in the Genius Lab than he was this day. All he could think of was Y/N in that bed. He hadn't felt this helpless in a really long time. Even though it had only been one day, the absence of her presence had affected all of them. He was missing the sharp wit she'd show him occasionally. Seeing her so still made him feel very uneasy.

Because of these feelings, he raced through his assignments, not really worried about quality. He figured he could fix it after she was awake and he could concentrate. As he emerged from the Genius Lab, he saw the rest of his soulmates. He grimaced at their faces as they silently raced to the van to get home. Sejin watched everyone silently from the side and sent Namjoon a text asking to be updated on their status when they had a moment. It was times like these that he wished Sejin was still their main manager.

When they got home, no words were needed as they all immediately went to the guest room. "Any change?" Hobi asked hopefully. Jin's smile was missing as he shook his head sadly. Hobi choked back a sob and delved into Jin's arms.

"Hobi and I will go get some dinner ready," he told the others as he escorted the dancer out of the room.

Yoongi looked at his other soulmates and realized that this was going to continue to be an issue for all of them. Even Jungkook, who hadn't established a soul bond with Y/N, looked anxious. They were all going to be exhausted at this point but he didn't know what else they could do. He settled onto the bed with his laptop. "I'll take this shift as I can research here as well as anywhere else. If we all fuss around her, she'll be embarrassed when she wakes."

Namjoon nodded. "You aren't wrong. Okay, everyone. Let's finish our tasks today. You can check on her later..." He actually had to drag some of them out, but before he left, he flashed a grateful smile to Yoongi. "I'll be back soon, love."

When the room became quiet again, Yoongi realized just how still Y/N was. It was extremely disconcerting and he could understand why Hobi's anxiety had peaked that morning. He set his computer to the side and gathered Y/N into his arms. He couldn't quite understand how she'd become so essential to his well being so soon. He kissed the top of her head as he clutched her to his chest. "Y/N, wake up soon, please. We miss you... We need you..."

When he felt a tear hit his cheek and land in her hair, he knew he had to get a grip on himself and he wasn't going to be able to do that while holding her and crying. He quickly tucked her back into the bed and sat nearby with her arm against his leg as he turned back to his research into soul bond specialists. If nothing else, it provided him with a specific thing to focus on rather than wandering down the "what if" trail. It wasn't long before Jimin came back into the room, his face tortured as he watched her sleep. He knelt at the side of the bed. "I'm so sorry," Yoongi heard Jimin whisper into Y/N's hand.

Yoongi set his laptop aside and gave his soulmate his full attention. "Jimin baby, talk to me. You seem extra upset about all of this."

The eyes that met Yoongi's seemed to hold all the pain of the household. "It's my fault, Yoongi. I should have stepped in sooner."

"I'm the one who told you to wait," Jin said softly from the door. "Because of our conversation with Sejin, I wanted more information... something I could trust more." He sighed heavily and Yoongi noticed how pale both of them looked. "Plus, I didn't know if they had any weapons."

"Have either of you slept?" he demanded.

Jimin just shook his head while Jin sighed again. "I tried. But every time I closed my eyes..."

"...I saw her falling over the edge. I kept missing her hand," Jimin sobbed softly.

Something in Yoongi's brain triggered at the mention of their shared dreaming. He pulled his laptop onto his lap. After a couple of taps, he crowed in triumph. "I've got it!"