Chapter 38

POV: Y/N

Watching your men from the green room was nearly as thrilling as watching it from the audience. After the dress rehearsal went off with hardly a hitch, you'd been vibrating with excitement for this first concert in Chicago. Unlike yesterday, when you'd been able to see them on stage, you needed to stay backstage for your safety. However, now you could see them both on stage and via the monitors. You were even able to get little touches from your beaming soulmates as they ran on and off stage for costume changes and to take some well-deserved rests. You watched with concern as sometimes they even needed oxygen to recover from a particularly intense dance routine. During the mid-point, you rushed about getting them towels and water so they could refresh themselves. You got a couple of dirty looks from some of the female staff, but everyone was so busy that you actually got a couple of expressions of thanks.

You could feel yourself start to stress out without a specific task assigned to you. You weren't a paying audience member, so it just exacerbated your feelings of being a freeloader. If you were going to need to be near them at all times, you were definitely going to have to figure out something official to do backstage. You weren't bored or anything, but you wanted to contribute. You'd have to ask Bang Si-hyuk, Sejin or Namjoon what your options might be. For now, you were willing to just help out where you could.

As the concert was wrapping up, you went to the side of the stage so you could congratulate them. You kept having to weave and dodge as everyone was so busy and you were afraid of being in the way. You saw one of the crew watching the end of the performance and hoped they could direct you. "Excuse me. Do you know where I can wait and be out of the way?" Her face was obscured by a mask and baseball cap, but she just stared at you in confusion. Ah, maybe she's part of the main BigHit crew. Maybe she only speaks Korean. No problem. "Do you know where I can wait for the concert's end and be out of the way?"

Her eyes narrowed at you and you felt a little uncomfortable. You couldn't see her eyes well, but you felt such anger and hate... She stared at you for a while and you wondered if she was going to help you.... if you should ask someone else. Just as you were about to apologize and move away, she nodded and grabbed your arm. She pulled you to a place under the scaffolding that no one was around but you could see a monitor. "Here," she growled.

You smiled. This could be perfect. You weren't in the staff's way but could still watch. "Thank you so much," you said, bowing deeply. You felt completely ignored as she just turned without another word and left you where you were standing. You didn't expect everyone to like you, but she was so hostile that you were almost offended. Well, at least she pointed me to a good place.

You watched the rest of the concert, and your heart pounded to the beat. You wept along with them during their heartfelt goodbyes to the crowd. As you watched them descending from the stage on the monitor, you realized the ceiling was coming down on you. Thankfully, it wasn't fast and there were no blocking walls, so you were able to duck away easily. Did she do that to me on purpose? "What the ever lovin' hell?" You looked around to find the crew person who'd given you the bad advice... and couldn't see her anywhere.

"Y/N?" Jimin was right beside you when the lift was finally done descending. He looked at you in shock. "Why are you here? It's dangerous!"

"I know... I was under the platform just a moment ago. One of the crew said it would be a safe place to watch..." He suddenly pulled you close, examining you for any injury. "Do you think they were just mistaken? They could only speak Korean... Maybe they just didn't..."

Namjoon grabbed your shoulders and twirled you in Jimin's arms to face him. His face was panicked and he shook you gently. "They didn't speak English? Y/N, are you sure? This is really important!"