Chapter 21

POV: Y/N

During the last three weeks, you had been trying to find a soulmate therapist who could provide you with a work release. However, you were having a hard time finding an accredited one. It was not a specialist that your HOA had in their list of providers. So while you and Jeny were both looking for one, you decided to pursue your other passions... Something that wouldn't require a medical release.

That first week, you'd really taken stock of your life and what you really wanted from it. You remember telling the boys that you'd given up on your artistic dreams and they had encouraged you to keep working on it. Heavens, Yoongi had even taken you into the Genius Lab and shown you some editing dos and don'ts. You'd spent last week taking online courses regarding audio/video editing. You'd already done some of these types of projects previously in your personal life so it just helped your knowledge about current software out there. You even found your old YouTube music video edits and the things you'd done for family for a virtual resume. You felt really confident so had volunteered your services to your nephew's acting buddies. They were really surprised that you were willing and they actually kept you quite busy with their raw footage.

You also started researching what the qualifications were for those types of jobs. A lot required a college degree, but some would substitute for experience. You still felt odd thinking about a career change at this stage in your life, but the guys had given you the courage to try something new... especially as you were on a forced "vacation".

However, beyond that, you were consistently struggling with depression. The equilibrium you had found previously in life had been wiped away. You struggled to find interest in anything around you and eating was a trial. Unless Jeny asked you, you rarely left your apartment. You were even only barely keeping in contact with your family. You'd been invited to your niece's wedding with her soulmate and you had reluctantly saved the date. You knew that was going to be its own special hell. However, because they were arranging for that to occur as soon as possible, they weren't reaching out to you that often.

You were startled out of your morose thoughts by a frantically rung doorbell. Only good manners ingrained since childhood prevented you from just going back to bed and ignoring it. "I'm coming! I'm coming!" you shouted, mildly irritated. "Hold your friggin' horses!"

You yanked the door open to have Jeny nearly fall into you. She looked too excited for words and it was making you kind of nervous. "Y/N! You'll never believe it!!!"

The longer you were away from the guys, the more numb you were feeling. You'd wondered if it was related to depression, but had no desire to see a therapist or even research what might be going on with you. However, looking at her excitement, you could feel a faint hint of curiosity. "What's up?"

Jeny dragged you into the living room. She practically threw you onto the sofa in her enthusiasm. "I found one!"

You looked at her blankly. You couldn't think of something she was searching for. Was it something she'd been wanting to buy for a while? "What the hell are you talking about?"

She looked at you like you were the dumbest one in the class. "Who have we been looking for since you got back? I've found a soulmate therapist!"

"No kidding," you said dully. You couldn't seem to build up any excitement for it. What was this therapist going to be able to help you with other than to fill out your return to work slip?

Jeny looked at you in surprise. "You aren't excited? I finally found one."

You looked at her with dull eyes. "I'm glad that you found one. I guess I can go back to work now."