Chapter 43

POV: Jimin

Ever since he'd heard Y/N was missing, Jimin felt his sanity was hanging on by a thread. He'd wanted to rush off to find her immediately, but his soulmates kept him as calm as they could. They needed a plan which had been slower than he needed. Watching Im Ahnjong flirt with Taehyung and Hobi on the screen was agony. They'd all had to deal with sasaengs at one point or another. He'd even had threats to his life, but this was even more terrifying. For danger to happen to the soulmate he'd only bonded with for too short a time was completely unbearable. For that same sasaeng to now be cozying up to some of his other partners... Intolerable. When Jungkook disappeared right in front of them, he developed even more fear and pain.

To get the answers they needed, they all followed the police officers to the station to make their statements. He wanted to see some of Ahnjong's interrogation. His angry vindictive side wished for some torture to draw out answers, but he knew that wouldn't be happening. He just wanted Im Ahnjong to suffer... suffer like Y/N had... suffer like they were... They were all surprised when Sejin received a phone call just as the police vehicles turned on their lights and half of them pulled a hard U-turn. Sejin shocked them all when he pulled the same maneuver and really pushed on the accelerator.

"Sejin!" Namjoon shouted over the squealing of tires and protests from the rest of the car. They had all just piled into one van, so they really weren't very secure. Jimin could feel a bruise forming on his bicep. "What's going on?"

"Jungkook called 9-1-1. He found Y/N, but she's hurt!" Jimin watched his knuckles turn white with his grip on the wheel due to his stress. Jeny started crying in the front but Sejin had to focus on the road.

Jimin's breath caught in his throat and he clutched at Yoongi and Jin's hands. He found her! was the first thought, but then the second part of what Sejin said bled through. "She's hurt?" he whispered, his pain ripping him to shreds.

Yoongi gasped, feeling everyone's anxiety and Hobi reached back to put a comforting hand on his knee. Hobi looked straight at Jimin as if that eye contact would make everything true. "She's fine, Jimin honey. She's so strong..."

Jimin felt frozen, both physically and emotionally, and realized that he couldn't even cry at this point. He felt entirely spent, but his body was vibrating in his need to be with his other two soulmates as soon as possible. When they got to a rundown apartment building in a terrible neighborhood, he was so anxious that he hardly knew how he got out of the van or up the stairs. He knew they were at the right place with the amount of emergency workers that were in the hallway.

"Let me through! Let me through!" He knew that he had more to learn in English, but he knew enough to be understood at least initially by those he met. He needed to get to them. He needed to get to them now.

"Sir, this is an active crime scene. You aren't authorized to enter!" A random police officer spread his arms wide, preventing Jimin from his goal.

Jimin looked at him in dismay. They aren't going to let us in??? He opened his mouth to protest when he felt Namjoon's hand on his shoulder. "Officer, our soulmate is inside. As this is not a murder scene, there should be no problem for us comforting our soulmate."

"Sir..." the officer began.

"Let them in, lieutenant," the detective they'd been working with barked out behind them. Jimin was shocked that Sejin had managed to beat the officer there.

Without any further thought, they shouldered past the officer and entered the dingy apartment. "Joonie! Joonie! We're here! Let them through!!!" Jungkook's tear-clogged voice sent a surge of adrenaline through Jimin. He raced into the backroom and collapsed to his knees at the sight before him.