Chapter 14

POV: Jungkook

When Jungkook and the other members returned to the living room, his gaze automatically went to Y/N. She looked dreadfully pale and sat away from Hobi, huddled into herself. He didn't really want to do this right now after she'd just woken up, but they needed to get all the facts. Jin and Yoongi had talked with him as they were waiting for her to wake up. Her background did not match what they knew of her.

Yoongi stated that he trusted her, but that he knew for a fact she was hiding something. Jin had agreed grimly. Normally, they may have waited for her to be comfortable with them, but messing with soul bonds had dire circumstances. They desperately needed more information.

Jungkook sat on the floor in front of her, careful not to touch her. When they had talked about it, they thought he might be the easiest for her to open up with. Her eyes looked at him and filled with tears. He just wanted to hug her, but they needed her conscious. He pitched his voice low as if speaking to an injured animal. "Y/N?"

"You know?" Tears started falling. His heart clenched with each tear. He'd seen girls cry before, but each drop felt like an arrow to his heart.

Yoongi wiped away the tears and knelt beside him in front of her. "Not really. But you know there are some discrepancies that we can't explain. We know you can."

She started to sob and nodded her head. Hobi gathered her in his arms and could only beg, "Can't this wait for another time? She just woke up and she's injured."

Jin hugged them both, tears in his eyes. They let her be for a moment until she started to settle. She patted Jin's arm to move him back and then pulled back from Hobi. She gave him a watery smile and said, "It's time..."

Namjoon looked at her. "Time for what?" Jungkook was amazed that Namjoon wasn't more surprised, but then he wondered why. Namjoon had spent the most time with her and had flat out told them something weird was going on.

"Complete honesty," she said flatly, hugging herself.

The room went silent. "Did... did you lie to us, Y/N?" Taehyung's voice wavered in pain. He was so sensitive and Jungkook opened his arms for his soulmate. Taehyung moved into the comfort Jungkook was offering. While he didn't necessarily think this was bad information, Taehyung was touchy about possible betrayals.

"Tae," she reached for him but then pulled back her hand. Her fear of rejection was clear in how stiff she was sitting. "I need you all to understand something. I was confronted with a situation that was completely out of my realm of experience. I really had never expected to have a soul bond. I told that to Namjoon after I woke up the first time." Tae and the rest of them nodded their heads slowly. Namjoon had told them.

"But then why did you take the soulmate pill," Jimin asked, completely confused. "Why in the world did you take the pills if you didn't think you were going to have a soulmate? Were you not able to afford the prescription until the fan meet?"

She sighed. "I didn't. Im Ahnjong did."

"Your name is Im Ahnjong," Hobi said, completely confused.

Y/N put her hands in her lap and started wringing her fingers. Jungkook could tell that she was feeling nervous and completely alone. He felt so bad, but there was nothing he could do. "My real and only name is Y/N. I live in Seattle, Washington."

"In America?" Jungkook asked, his imagination sparking. This was almost better than a movie! As hard as this story was to believe, he felt extremely excited.

"Yeah, Jungkook." Apparently, with her decision to come clean, she didn't have the ability to keep formal language with them. He found he preferred that. He didn't want his soulmate to be formal with him ever.