Chapter 9

POV: Y/N

It had become your habit to hang out in the kitchen as Jin cooked the meals. You had been with them for three full days and you felt you were learning a lot about Korean culture. However, you were also super aware of the need to maintain your physical distance from those you hadn't yet touched. You smiled at how much joy Namjoon, Hobi, and Yoongi got from just casually taking your hand or being close. You felt it too, but you'd been trying to keep these feelings under control. Recently, you'd noticed that they'd been getting crabby looks from their other soulmates. You'd tried to talk to them about it, but they'd just said that the others were jealous, which you couldn't understand.

Today, in addition to the standard rice and soup for breakfast, Jin was making some gyeranjjim. He explained it was a steamed egg and had expressed gratitude to the universe (or their interior designer) that they'd had a stoneware bowl so everyone could have their own. Because scallions were such a big part of it, he'd given you a bunch to slice for him. You were grateful that he allowed you to help because most of them still insisted you act like a guest and you weren't allowed to do much around the house.

You found an absurd amount of joy watching Jin cooking for his soulmates. If someone elected to join him, the kitchen was full of laughter, songs and love. However, he was definitely the early bird. He explained that, until you'd come along, he often prepared breakfast on his own. This morning, he'd also smiled and said that your presence had encouraged him to cook them more traditional breakfasts instead of allowing everyone to have cold cereal or something more Western. You'd smiled sweetly at him and thanked him for his thoughtfulness.

As you chopped the scallions, you'd occasionally see Jin smiling at you. You giggled as he'd crack a dad joke or two and the kitchen felt bright with joy. As he turned to look into the refrigerator, you blushed as you realized you were checking out his cute little tushy and broad shoulders. Y/N! What are you doing? You need to be more respectful of their persons! You felt ashamed that you were checking him out so returned your focus to the task he'd given you.

"We're starting to run out of groceries," he muttered into the refrigerator. "Do we have time to get..."

You felt a chin hit your shoulder. "What do we need, Jinnie?" You turned to see Namjoon's smiling face. Your heart melted every time with those dimples. "If you make a list, I could go to the market."

You perked up. "Oooo! The market? Can I go?"

He wrapped his arms around you and gave you a hug. You were always amazed at how touchy feely these men were... especially with you... a stranger. However, their friendly touches filled some empty part of you with joy and belonging, so you never brought it up to them. You would be a fool to make this awkward. "Do you want to go after breakfast, sweetie?" You nodded enthusiastically. Since you'd been there, you hadn't had the opportunity to leave the dorm. He laughed in delight as if you'd just given him a gift.

Jin smiled peacefully at the two of you. You were so grateful that he (or any of them) never showed any jealousy from the attention you occasionally received. "I guess you'll want a list..." He sighed dramatically and you giggled as he winked at you. "Joonie, ask the rest of the boys if there's anything special they want me to cook in the next couple of days."

Namjoon smiled. Before he moved away, he whispered in your ear, "If you want to come, you might want to change. You might not feel comfortable going out in Taehyung's boxers..."

You blushed fiercely and looked down, your hands gripping said boxers. The boys had been fiercely opposed to you returning to Ahnjong's apartment to get any more clothes. They'd said it was for your safety, but that just seemed silly. Why would anyone want to hurt you? However, you hadn't wanted to argue with them, so you'd just let them provide you with loungewear every day. "I'll get changed!" you yelped and ran to the guest room.