Chapter 34

POV: Y/N

You woke up wet and surrounded by your soulmates. Your head was in Jimin's lap while Jin and Taehyung were chafing your cold hands. Yoongi held your feet in his lap while Jungkook and Hobi were rubbing those. You blinked slowly at them, puzzled with what exactly was going on. "What happened, boys?"

"Y/N!" Jin cried, his eyes filling with sorrow and guilt. "I'm so sorry I made you handle those three! I should have..." As you watch his face, you remember the three women. You'd been really anxious, but you were the only one who could have handled that situation without it becoming a media circus.

You clasped his hand tightly. "Jin, if you had done any of the things I had, you would have immediately had to deal with an assault scandal. I'm a woman so it's considered just a fight... probably a fight over men so it totally isn't newsworthy. They were the aggressors. If they have the guts to cause any trouble, we have the high road and the evidence to come out of this relatively unscathed." She sighed. "I think we're just lucky that they didn't recognize any of you."

"As if that matters," Jimin shouted. He was shaking in fury and your eyes widened. "You were hurt! I should have just shoved them in the pool when they first started insulting you!"

"Tiger, I'm okay! I'll heal, I promise." You looked around and could tell by their faces that none of them were okay. You were so touched, but they were completely over-reacting. Namjoon entered with your things and a flash drive. "You got the evidence... Right, Joonie?"

"Yes," he said shortly. His face was so conflicted and mirrored the rest of your soulmates.

This was going to become an issue. You couldn't let this be their final reaction. If you didn't discuss it right now, you could only envision yourself being under house arrest with padded corners on tables. You moved to get up, but hands held you down. You sighed. You didn't mind being pampered, but really... "Can I sit up?" you asked the group.

"No," Jimin said shortly. His face was grim and you pouted a little. His eyes softened and he caressed your hair. "We don't know why you fainted."

"I do." You were kind of embarrassed. You didn't want to talk about it, but you didn't think you were going to get away without a full physical if you don't admit what happened. You sighed and rolled your eyes. "I locked my knees."

Yoongi barked with laughter and then blushed. You nudged his abdomen with your toe, crinkling your nose with your irritation. "Sorry," he said with a small smile. "You locked your knees?"

"Please explain," Taehyung begged.

"Oh, come on. You guys know that, if you lock your knees, you'll faint... It's just... I hate confrontations, but I knew that you couldn't do anything." You blushed and closed your eyes. You felt like you should have been able to handle it more calmly. "So I didn't mind taking them to task. I just didn't expect the violence... and it freaked me out. But I had to stand my ground to get rid of them... I locked my knees so they couldn't see them shake."

Hobi lifted you up into a huge hug. "My little warrior," he cooed.

"Please don't do it again," Jimin begged. He laid his head on your shoulder. "I thought I was going to have a heart attack when Jin brought you in."

"I'll try not to, but you're mine to protect. If I can, I'm going to take care of you." You looked around and caressed each of their cheeks. They were so dear to you.

As you touched each of them, you noticed Jin's hands shaking and his normally smiling face was very solemn. He also seemed to be avoiding your gaze. You looked at Namjoon, who nodded. He understood Jin's issue as he'd been there. However, he hadn't been the one talking to them when you'd taken over. Jin's guilt was obvious for anyone to see. Something needed to be done.