Chapter 18

POV: Hobi

Hobi reflected on how he and his partners had been so happy during the last three weeks. They usually spent a lot of time just joyously enjoying each others' company and every part of their lives, including their shared passion for their craft, but a new element had been revealed. With Y/N added to their mix, they had someone who wanted to care for them... the real them and not just their public personas. He'd already caught her numerous times checking in on the maknae to make sure they weren't depressed about some random thing on the internet, helping Jin and Yoongi make food, straightening up as if she couldn't help herself, trying to get Namjoon to relax from his leadership position and trying to protect Hobi himself from some of the more startling of the maknaes' pranks.

She never asked for anything but their time. The last few days, she'd gotten caught up on her buried passion as she worked with Yoongi on learning how he produced music and edited their tracks. Every day she would come out of the studio exhausted, but shining a little brighter with the knowledge she'd gained. He loved how fearless she was in learning new software. It was as if this was something she'd waited her whole life for. Namjoon had also joined in the education sessions and Hobi was relieved that the stress he habitually carried seemed to lessen as he joined in the fun.

She wasn't someone who expected them to spend money on her. In fact, he'd caught her once or twice sneaking out to buy various treats for them. She was capturing her share of their hearts every day but was holding her own back. She was so certain that she wasn't their soulmate. It felt like she was trying to enjoy this time like a cherished vacation.

Today, he was going to do something for her. After breakfast, he tasked the maknaes to clean-up and swept her out of the room. "Do you need something, Hobi?" she asked innocently.

More than you can give right now, Y/N, he thought sassily. She was so lucky that he had serious self-control. "I need you to come with me. I want to buy Jiwoo a present and was looking for a girl's perspective."

Her smile lit up the room. "You really want my opinion?" Her smile dimmed a little as she looked down. "Ummm, Hobi?"

He looked at her and his heart stuttered. There was a moment of sadness on her face before she put on her happy mask. He went up to her and cupped her cheek. "Baby doll, what's wrong?"

"I feel like such a girl, but I don't think I should go out in your guys' borrowed clothes." She blushed. "Do you want to do some online shopping? Where's your laptop?"

He stared at her for a moment. How could he have forgotten? He'd used his clothes the last time they'd gone out. "Let's borrow some of Jimin's clothes this time. We can probably roll up the cuffs of the pants and cinch the waist so it'll fit you great."

She looked at him dubiously. "Do you really think so?"

"Of course! Let's get that done!" He linked his arm in hers and tugged her to get her decked out for the day. He also made sure to visit his supply of hats and masks to keep their anonymity. He was careful to keep his true intent covered... to get her some new clothes. He wanted her to feel as beautiful as she was. They had been supplying her leisure clothes so far, but having something pretty was a must. He rushed her out the door quickly so she wouldn't get suspicious.

He didn't need to worry about any subterfuge because she seemed excited just by the prospect of helping him. His sister loved her, but he knew he was going to have to explain the soul transference soon. What if Ahnjong tried to take advantage of Jiwoo later? He'd only trust his sister with Y/N... not some random sasaeng. He drove them to the mall himself, after notifying their bodyguards so they could watch from a safe distance. He knew that, even though he might want some alone time with her, he needed to care for her safety first and foremost.