Chapter 25

POV: Y/N

Three days passed quickly. On Tuesday afternoon, Jeny dragged you all over town. Due to you losing weight, a lot of your clothes seemed to hang off you in a very unattractive way. She insisted that you needed to buy some new clothes, especially a set for the concert. Thankfully, you'd started a savings account just in case you did lose this kind of weight in the future. You wished you were a little more enthusiastic about the project. However, you were surprised at how intense Jeny was about the concert outfit. You were okay with it as this was really all about repairing your relationship with your best friend who had been hanging in with you during this excessively dark moment in your life.

"What about this one?" she chirped, holding up a deep red body-con dress that would barely cover your ass or breasts. Why she wanted to go overtly sexual was completely beyond you. However, this was your fifth store. If you didn't find something soon, you were going to collapse on the pavement.

You sighed deeply. "I don't mind doing something a little sexy, but that's completely out of the question." As you looked around the store, you suddenly stopped. Your feet took you to a dress that reminded you of the one you purchased with Hobi. It was a sunset ombre that just spoke to you. It had what some might consider as a halter top with long flutter sleeves that followed the same ombre effect. You felt ethereal... like a fairy. More than anything, you felt beautiful.

"This one?" Jeny asked to your side. You could only nod as warm memories flooded you. She was able to find one in your size and shooed you off to the dressing room. When you looked in the mirror, you knew you didn't have to search any longer. You went to show your friend and she gasped in delight. "Oh, my! You look like a goddess!"

You wanted to brush her off for being overly complimentary, but you couldn't. The colors burnished your skin and your legs had never looked better. You roamed over to look at the shoes they had available and you were drawn to this pair of ballet flats with a ribbon that would wind up your calf. That it seemed to perfectly go with the dress was like kismet.

You looked at Jeny without words. She nodded emphatically and you smiled shyly. This outfit made you feel like anything was possible. You almost didn't want to take it off, but you needed to buy it. You quickly changed but by the time you'd come out, everything was purchased and stowed in lovely shopping bags.

You thought you were done for the day, but suddenly it was time for undergarments. You decided to go with it and got a matching set that felt very sexy but also extremely comfortable. Your battle over the dress had completely exhausted your emotional energy so you just let her have her way. Your last stop of the day was when she dragged you to her hairdresser. You had been neglecting your hair for a while so it was time. Jeny just asked for a health cut and then asked about the dye job you'd always wanted. You left the salon with shoulder length hair with burgundy tips.

The good news about all the activity was that you dropped into bed like the dead that night. As much as you wanted to see the boys, your distress after dreaming about Jungkook exacerbated your disconnect from the world at large and highlighted your pain. You didn't know why Jeny was trying so hard, but could only assume that she was trying to distract you.

Finally, the next day was the highly anticipated, yet highly dreaded concert. You sat like a doll as Jeny and Quazar fixed you up. Thankfully, they knew that light make-up was more your style so you still looked like yourself. Your apathetic attitude was at an all time high and you knew the two ladies were extremely stressed about it. In a small way, you hoped that the music would bring back some sort of emotions or enthusiasm as you always seemed to be moved by music. You even let them pack your purse and select your jacket. Where you drew the line was your jewelry. You wanted to wear your Claddagh ring, a wide bracelet over your left wrist, and a simple pendant. You didn't want to have too much bling.