Chapter 45

POV: Namjoon

Namjoon had always felt a lot of responsibility for his soulmates, even before he knew they were soulmates. At first, it was because he'd been scouted first and then his analytical mind helped them and their management make strategic moves for their career. However, when he'd first met Y/N, he felt more than just responsibility for her well-being. He wanted to cherish her... pamper her... and it had truly confused him during her time in Korea. His confusion had finally resolved when they'd truly met each other again, but there were times he still had this raging sense of insecurity. When he'd discovered she'd been snatched from under their noses, the guilt and anger had nearly drowned him. He wanted to rage at the security team for not being more responsible. He wanted to rage at himself for not being more careful of her safety... His mind had gone down a whirlpool of guilt and self-blame. He'd hardly known what to do with himself. Only the need to find her kept him focused.

When they'd been summoned to her side, he'd been afraid to touch her. After seeing his first vision, he'd looked up his potential metaphysical power and concluded he likely had an element of psychometry. He didn't want to touch an object in that room that could trigger visions of what she'd been through. However, his need to touch her outweighed his fear. With one touch, he knew exactly what she'd been through. He'd loved watching her thought process of trying to save herself or buy them some time to find her. He'd wanted to weep at the scene between her and Jungkook just before she'd twirled him and taken the bullet. He hardly knew how their maknae was still functioning. If it had been him, he wondered if he'd be catatonic with his guilt.

Even still, he'd been frozen in horror and indecision faced with her injuries. He couldn't express his gratitude when Jin had taken control at the apartment and given them assignments. Their time at the police station now just consisted of giving their statements so it didn't take long. Once Y/N had been found, they didn't need to interrogate her for that information. He planned on relying on the police department to gather any evidence they needed. The detective had been extremely understanding as he'd been with his soulmate for the last seven years. He confided in the detective that they only had a few days until they needed to fly to New York. He did ask the detective to run a background check on all their staff to assess any other security risks that might be around them. The detective countered with a request to interview Y/N when she woke. Namjoon promised he would as he appreciated everything the detective had done for Y/N. He also planned on having Sejin research how they could fully express that gratitude to the Chicago police department.

When they got to the hospital, Y/N had been out of surgery for a bit. Sejin had worked with hospital administration and made sure she had a large private suite, not only to provide further safety for her, but also to accommodate their large group. It was an unspoken fact that none of them were leaving until Y/N woke up. 

He'd watched as Jungkook emotionally walled himself off and couldn't figure out how to shake him out of his funk. Maybe even this was on hold until Y/N woke up. He watched her still face and could only pray their princess woke soon. As they were waiting, Namjoon looked at Sejin. "Hyung, what's our plan? We know that five of our staff have violated their NDAs."

He sighed. "Namjoon, do we know if there was anyone in the photo besides Y/N? If not, it may not violate the agreement. Until you all go public, it has been determined that we didn't have the grounds to update those." Before Namjoon could protest, he held up his hand. "However, they are a security risk with what they did send out. That is something we can take action on."

"We need to talk to Bang PD," Yoongi said stoically. Namjoon knew his poor soulmate was struggling with the emotions in the room. "He needs to know exactly what happened. Sejin, if you look at us now... how we're barely able to function... just think of the state we'd be in if the unthinkable had happened. We need to know our legal options. And I want those NDAs updated now. It doesn't really matter whether she is our soulmate or not. Y/N is getting serious hate because they elected to say she was some scammer who had conned her way closer to us. Sejin, how would you feel if that happened to another friend of Jeny's?"