Chapter 3

POV: Y/N

This day could not get much weirder. Your brain felt fuzzy and yet abnormally clear. You decided to mentally list some things you knew for sure:

1. Kim Namjoon... FREAKIN' KIM NAMJOON!... was in front of her. Kim Namjoon from BTS.

2. People around you were speaking Korean as if it was completely normal.

3. You were in a body that was not your own. According to the identification card, it was the body of Im Ahnjong.

4. You were no longer in Seattle, Washington in the United States of America. You were in Seoul, Korea.

5. Kim freaking Namjoon just asked if you knew you were his soulmate.

Your brain went in circles with the things you did not know. Where was this Im Ahnjong now? Why were you in her body? You felt this urge to pinch yourself, so you did... hard. An angry red welt was raised on your arm and Namjoon gasped.

He took his free hand and soothed the angry skin. "Why did you do that?" he demanded.

"I needed to check something," you muttered.

"By hurting yourself?"

"Haven't you ever heard the phrase 'pinch me, I'm dreaming'? This has got to be a dream..." Your voice took on a pleading quality.

He smiled at you for the second time and those dimples... Those dimples shot an arrow straight through your heart. "I assure you that you are not dreaming."

"You're really Kim Namjoon."

He laughed. "I think I've already answered this question.

You shook yourself and realized that you were still holding his hand. Gently, you removed yourself from his grasp. His hand reached out to you, but you moved back. His face looked sad and your heart clenched. He should never look sad because of you... but you really needed the space. "I'm sorry," you whispered. "I just..."

He shook his head and smiled. "Needed some space. A lot has happened recently."

"You can say that again," you muttered. You watched as his public persona settled over his features. Ah, so this is BTS's leader, you thought. Now come the hard questions.

As if you had read his mind, he started firing questions at you. "How long have you spoken English?"

"Most of my life."

"Which is your name? Y/N? Or Im Ahnjong?"

"I prefer Y/N, but I suppose I'll answer to either."

"When did you move to Korea?"

Now it was starting to get tricky. You really didn't want to lie but reality was guaranteed to land you in a mental institution. Especially as he thought you may have had a head injury. You had to be careful. "It seems like no time at all."

He looked at you closely, seeming to analyze whether or not he could trust you. You willed yourself not to look away. You weren't lying, but you definitely weren't being completely honest. He nodded. "Is this your first BTS fan sign event?"

"Mine? Yes."

He looked confused. "Did I ask if it was someone else's? Of course I was asking if it was your first event!" All you could do was shrug. You didn't know if this was Ahnjong's first event. If someone checked, you didn't know what would come up.

You really couldn't take much more of this. He was making you extremely nervous and avoiding his questions was making you extremely anxious. Even these half and misleading answers were really panging your conscience. "I'm so sorry for taking up your time, Mr. Kim," you said haltingly. "I know you have hundreds of people wanting to talk to you. You've been stuck backstage with someone who fainted from being irresponsible with her medication. I should go."