Chapter 40

POV: Y/N

When you got to the venue, you were happy to have your soulmates near. It was just as busy as the night before, but the atmosphere of the crew felt almost relaxed in comparison. Your fantastic afternoon with your loves had filled you with such happiness that you practically radiated it to those around you. You wondered if it was because it was the last concert in Chicago. You were looking forward to going to the next stop on the tour, New York. You wouldn't have a lot of time there, but it would be your first trip there. After hearing about it from your brother, you were excited to taste the Big Apple.

You tried to stay as out of the way as possible, hanging close to Jeny. The boys would come by occasionally to make sure you were okay and it felt like someone was always watching you. They didn't say anything specifically but most of them seemed super tense. You'd asked the least stressed, Jimin and Taehyung, but they seemed as lost as you. You wondered why, but no one would stay long enough to answer your questions or would change the subject every time you asked. You tried to write it off as pre-concert nerves, but it felt like more. Every time they saw you, they'd leave with a reminder to stay close to either them or Jeny and Sejin. You found it irritating that they wouldn't confide in you, but there was nothing you could do during the time you had with them.

You occasionally felt an angry glare at your back but, every time you looked around, you could see no one looking at you. It was a little eerie but you didn't want to bother your busy soulmates... adding to their burden wasn't something you would do before a performance. Plus, it could just be your imagination. Borrowing trouble was a skill you'd had for a long time. Finally, it bothered you enough that you went to the one person who was always there for you.

You sat down next to her and plopped your soda down on the table in front of you. "Jen, do you know if there's something weird going on?"

Your best friend looked at you strangely. "Okay... what do you mean by weird? I mean, they're a nutty bunch... We've known that for years watching their reality shows and stuff."

You laughed nervously. "I mean, sure. But this seems different... There's so much... A lot of them are acting weird and I haven't seen Kookie since we left the museum."

She laughed at you. "Hon, are you stressed or something? They're just getting ready for the show..."

You sighed. Was that really just it? You didn't know why you felt like it was more. "I know... I know... It's just... I mean, after Jin had his nightmare..." You sighed. "Everyone seems more on edge."

Jeny looked at you seriously. Thankfully, she wasn't just brushing your concerns to the side. If she had, you'd be even more concerned. "It's only our second concert backstage. Maybe this is second concert jitters?"

"But if it was that," you fretted, "why did they come out to sightsee?" You wrung your hands together. "They're hiding something from me. They've never done that before. I don't know what to do with this. It's completely freaking me out. And Jungkook..." You clasped your hands together to stop them from shaking.

Jeny patted your knee. "You aren't worried about your soul bond, are you? You know those boys would do anything for you..."

You smiled a little. "I believe... I believe... They're so lovely that I don't think I deserve them, but I wouldn't be able to give them up if I tried at this point."

"Exactly," she smirked. "I feel the same way about Sejin. It's a little overwhelming to know, right?"

You nodded and your smile dimmed. "Jeny, it's just... Jungkook has never avoided me before... It feels weird and I don't like it." You stretched your neck and shoulders from the tension. "But that isn't everything I'm worried about. Have you heard any negative rumors backstage about me and the guys? I've been feeling some real angry vibes, but I don't know where they're coming from."