two

You bid goodbye to your English teacher and the clock has struck 3

You bid goodbye to your English teacher and the clock has struck 3.45 p.m. Your cram school starts at 5.00 p.m so you still have plenty of time.

When you walked out of the classroom, you were roaming your eyes in the hallways, searching for a certain someone.

As your eyes landed on your target, an annoyed expression was etched on your face.

Asu with her hard-to-get facade again.

The blackcurrant-coloured hair girl, with her hair in a messy ponytail, you couldn't deny that your friend is gorgeous.

And that's why Haru had been flirting with her since you guys were first-years. Asuka said before that "I wouldn't fall for him" but in the end...she did give in. Seeing how persistent and loyal Haru was, you were being observant for the past 2 years and Asuka was the only girl he ever flirted with.

Asuka sure was getting all those butterflies in her stomach but she still put on her 'disinterested mask' on Haru. She does like Haru. She always had been.

You never know how long she's going to keep this act but you know for sure, you don't want to get involved between them.

"Asu!" you shouted her name since your presence didn't bother her once.

She turned herself to you and gave you a wave. Haru that was beside her still had a flirty smile on his face with both his hands in his pockets. (Maybe it's a way to look cool and mysterious)

"Well...see you later, Asuka~" he bid her goodbye but his tone was so flirty that you wished you didn't wax your ear yesterday.

Asuka let out an unamused hum, not even bothered to say goodbye or reciprocate his flirtiness. As Haru left the scene, Asuka's stoic expression changed out of the blue.

She cupped her mouth with her right hand, suppressing her fangirling noises so only muffled sounds can be heard. You let out a sigh with her demeanour. If she does like him, why can't she just go for it? Like making the first move?

It doesn't matter if she's a girl or not, it shouldn't just be boys that need to start asking someone out.

You closed your distance to her and narrowed your eyes, showing to that close friend of yours, that you had enough with this hard-to-get act of hers.

"First name basis already?" You teased her with an evil smirk on your face.

She panicked a little and removed her hands from her face.

"W-what? No, I'm pretty sure Haru lets everyone use his first name." Waving her hands in the air,  denying whatever you said before.

"It's not about Haru-kun, you idiot. It's about you! You don't let people use your name that easily." You emphasized the word 'you' so she could be clear about who you were talking about.