twenty

"Mom

"Mom."

You held her hand gently, it feels weird to hold them when there are numerous wires sticking into it but still...

...you were grateful.

Her hand is warm.

The warmth that you have been seeking was still there.

She's still here.

Just like you wish she was.

"Thankfully, she only got a scalp injury from the incident but still...she suffered from a close fracture on her left arm. We have to keep her warded for five to seven days since we need more time to wait for the swelling to go down before we can move on to applying a cast. And she has no deadly injuries, and her heartbeat and vitals are all stable. She just needs a lot of rest from such a traumatizing event."

You rubbed your thumb gently on the back of her hand, a sad smile etched on your face. You don't want to think about anything else except the fact that your mother is still alive.

You wanted to say that all of this was somehow a miracle from God. You were sure that you might have lost her.

But God has His own other plans.

"Thank you for staying strong for us."

You give a little peck on her hand. This moment...you never knew you get to experience it.

A moment where you were so relieved that all the disastrous things that you have gone through were finally over.

But although you are glad that your mother wasn't heavily injured, still, her arm.

Her arm was broken.

And you just can't forgive the delinquents that have done this to her.

You have always been the type to be revengeful.

Well, but not in a childish way. There was no way you want to find them and beat them up, that sounds so impossible to do. You never want to say that they were better than you but in fighting?

Of course, they were going to win.

You are inexperienced in punching and kicking stuff when your whole life was nothing more than studying and getting awards.

It's not like you'll magically turn into a wonder woman all of the sudden just because you're enraged by what was happening to your mother.

This is not a fantasy world.

This is where you have to fight back using the most logical thing that you can think of.

But you know damn well that if you inform your father...he will say that it'll be useless and it'll be a waste of time.