fourteen

The queue wasn't as long as you had expected

The queue wasn't as long as you had expected. It's not like it's late during this time but let's say that you might have an early dinner because the clock didn't strike 7 p.m. yet and most people at this time are on their way home so it might get crowded on another hour.

You were already the second person in the line and still, there was no sign of the amethyst-eyed boy. You are not delightful enough to wait for him and if he still doesn't come when you reached the counter, guess you might just order your own food and enjoy your meal by yourself. You don't feel guilty at all because it's his fault for instigating that fight so...what are you supposed to do, watch until finally, someone wins?

You rather chuck down multiple burgers from this restaurant than do that.

"Hey! You planning to order on your own?"

Speak of the devil.

You turned in his direction, a peeved expression was written on his face.

"I thought you planned to start a WWE championship with your brother?... If I wasn't mistaken?"

"I mean, you could have waited for me."

Your mouth fell agape when he said those words to you. Is he serious? Why do you have to wait for him to stop fighting with that beanpole brother of his? Is this part of the deal? Is that one of the things you needed to do in order to be his friend?

That just shows a kindergarten type of friendship, where friends have to wait and go anywhere with each other and they can't leave each other's side because if they do, they are a traitor (it's giving Haruchiyo) and they shouldn't be friends anymore. Which just depicts childishness.

Aren't you both supposed to be 17? No, the real question is, isn't Rindou 17? A grown-ass teenager that's about to reach adulthood? Or is there a hidden reason, why he wanted you to wait?

"If you were in my shoes, you would have walked away too."

Before Rindou could give any response to your remark, the person in front of you have retrieved their tray and was walking to their seat. You hurried your steps to the counter, getting a bit excited about the fact that you are going to devour (favourite food) after this.

"Good evening, I will like to order for a dine-in. Can I have (favourite food) set with (favourite drink)?" You ordered happily, knowing damn well your ravenous stomach will be fulfilled and your thirst will be quenched by such scrumptious dinings.

The order taker then pressed the buttons on the tablet and asked, "Anything else?"

You remained quiet and waited for Rindou, but what was unforeseen was he didn't even stand next to you, but instead he was standing right behind you like he was hiding from the order taker or something.