thirty two

"Thanks for sending me home!" You state it happily as you remove yourself from his motorbike.

That was actually the first words you said to him after what happened. It was all just silent right after you two somehow...opened up to each other a little. Even if it's not in detail or where you both tell the full story of what truly happened, but still...there are parts where you and Rindou resonate with each other.

It was awkward silence. You know, that you don't have the right to say anything or even pursue a conversation with him to break the silence, that's exactly why you kept quiet.

And unfortunately, he kept it that way until you already reached your destination.

Guess he has nothing to say for now and that's okay. It's not like he's obligated to say anything or force a conversation between you two. But yeah, it sure is awkward as hell and the silence is not comforting.

Are you supposed to say something then?

You have no idea how to handle stuff like this. Not just because people don't open up to you, you don't do that to others either and stay closed off so...you have no clue what to do, like all of this is just new to you (this is an exception to Asuka though because you two tell each other everything).

Rindou clears his throat, making sure his voice doesn't sound too weird or hoarse after crying too much.

He's embarrassed actually and now he is trying so hard to keep his cool, like this man still has his big ego intact in him, no matter what the situation is. "Yeah...no biggie." He said, but his head was faced in front of him and was not to you. It's like he's speaking to an imaginary friend or something.

He's definitely hiding his face from you.

"You good?" You raised an eyebrow at his peculiar demeanour.

Now, he's facing the opposite direction from where you're standing and it's obvious now that he wants to avoid eye contact with you. He went silent for a few seconds and finally said, "....I'm fine."

You're anything but fine, Haitani.

"You look...uncomfortable..." You said to him. It's hilarious when you say the word 'look' when you don't even know what expression is on his face and your view is only the back of his head. Like I stated just now, his facing away from you and he thought that he can be slick about it when in reality, he's too obvious.

Maybe this is the consequence of being such an honest and blunt person. He just can't lie or hide what he truly feels. His attempts will always end up in failure and especially with you that can pick up the cues so quickly, he is doomed from the start for sure and you can already tell what is this strange behaviour of his rooting from.

Rindou, knowing that there's no use for him to pretend and go on with this act, finally admitted. He said with a defeated sigh, "I mean...if you were me, you would..." But still, he is persistent in facing away from you.