twenty one

Monday, the same morning

Rindou don't know what hour it is now and he doesn't know how many times he had yawned, he had lost count.

His body was still weak to stand up properly and his eyes will shut at any moment. He missed the times before when he can wake up any time he wants. But now because he has to go to school he has no choice but to wake up early.

There he was in the kitchen wearing an apron while both of his hands were busy moulding the onigiri into a triangular shape, some will describe it as a Mount Fuji shape.

"I think this should be the last one." Rindou sighed since he was exhausted to make more. There was still more nori, rice and fillings left in separate bowls. Usually, he's nice enough to make for Ran but he was lazy today.

Let the guy do things on his own for once. Who in the world supposes to be the elder sibling here? Isn't it Ran that should be his mother/father figure to him? It seems like it's the other way around (this is what Rindou thought).

After he finally wrapped the last rice ball with nori, he put it in his purple lunchbox and close the lid.

Finally, 20 onigiris finished.

10 for him. 10 for you.

Right. He cooked for you too since the first time you tasted it, you seem to enjoy it, even if you just say that it's edible and refuse to tell the truth about how good his cooking is.

You must not be the type to compliment people (except when you said he was surprisingly nice).

Last Friday, he didn't bring any lunch because he woke up late, so he decide to eat the lunch that the cafeteria serves for once.

They were serving Oden that day and Rindou sure was looking forward to it.

But as he ate it, he can only swear internally. Because dear God it tastes horrendous.

It tasted bland like a shoujo manga with love interests that have no chemistry. That's what it feels like. No flavour. No 'umph' in it, that's how he likes to describe it.

He can make it a thousand times better than whatever the hell just entered his mouth before. He did realise that not many people were queuing to get it and he thought it was nice and because it was faster for him to get the Oden that he was anticipating.

Rindou hates long queues with every fibre of his being. Most of the time he'll just cut the line and went straight up to the front and pay the money instantly like he's entitled to do it. He knows that most people are scared of him so he can just use that power of his to cut ques.

He did try to do that last Tuesday. They were serving Salmon that day so of course, almost everyone in the school was queuing to have it for lunch, the queue was way longer than any other day ever. It's like no one in school at all bring their lunchbox that day since Salmon is a well-known delicious lunch that the cafeteria is serving.