thirty

Present

Present

Just as you force the ramen noodle into your mouth by lifting up the cup to your face, a huge last satisfying slurp was taken in by you and you sighed from gratification. Rindou's ramen recipe was delicious and it sure had made you full, his onigiris were also scrumptious and even if you're not taking a bite out of one at the moment, the aftertaste sure is taking a toll out of you. And you were only left to wonder what other food that he can make, with this skill, he can already become a 5 star cuisine chef (you just want to exaggerate actually).

"You finished?" Rindou asked the obvious.

You only ignored his question and went straight up to take your ramen cup and his to throw it into the dustbin nearby. As you opened the lid of the dustbin, you asked him, "How did you even get my mother's handbag?"

You knew how that question is the most important out of all the questions you have for him. There was no way in hell did you ever thought you will ever get to see that handbag ever again, pretty sure it's a rare occasion for mugging victims to get back their property, it'll almost be a miracle or just luck, probably someone nearby that was nice enough to chase after the mugger but these days, people mind their own business more than becoming heroes.

You threw both of the cups into the dustbin, making the sound of plastic rustling coming out of it and as you shut it back and have your eyes back to that delinquent friend of yours, you were dumbfounded to see such a smug face written on his face which had automatically made you remembering the night where he asked you to beg him, if you want him to help you with the writing portfolio.

Not him making that face...

"I have my ways," He said in such a conceited tone, like he was subtly trying to tell you of how cool he is now and he's basically acting as your mother's hero.

You only rolled your eyes as he acted like that and proceeded back to sit in front of him. He was not answering questions at this point and kept on being secretive and shit.

But fine, guess you will let it slide for now, considering how you were in the wrong in the situation before and it feels quite shameless to straight up act satanic as per usual right away.

You should give him time, let him be comfortable with that conceited and arrogant behaviour of his, and then when the right time comes, you'll decide to take out your satanic card on him.

You didn't complain about him not answering your questions but you tried to push him to tell you about the day he retrieved your handbag, just a little bit, by giving him this question, "So...you knew who did that to my mother?"

Rindou has his eyes moving left to right and looked back at you, as if trying to tell you that that question is obvious and stupid, but still he responded with a short, "Yeah,"

You folded both of your arms to your chest and scoffed, looking so amused or impressed by his statement and said, "Wow, Haitani. You did a better job than the police."